Winchester Business Excellence Awards 2021
Winchester Business Excellence awards recognises the achievements of local businesses and reward them for their commitment to excellence.
Organised by partners Winchester Business Improvement District, Hampshire Chamber of Commerce and The Hampshire Chronicle, the competition attracts high profile industry support and offers Winchester businesses the opportunity to promote major achievements and celebrate success.
The shortlisted businesses for the Winchester Business Excellence Awards have just been announced.
We have sponsored the Digital Innovation award and our shortlisted businesses are:
Ridge and Partners LLP
The Gurkha Museum
The awards ceremony is scheduled to take place on the 2nd September 2021.
Click here for more information about the Winchester Business Excellence Awards.
Digital Innovation Award - Sponsored by Winchester City Council
The winner of this award must demonstrate the use of innovative digital technology and have plans in place to develop this in the future. The award celebrates the digital ideas that have the greatest influence on an organisation or industry.
The judges will be looking for evidence of the use of digital innovation:
- Within your organisation ( examples could include the use of virtual reality, drones or apps but this is not exhaustive) and improved business performance as a result.
- To demonstrate sustainable process efficiency.
- To influence future growth.
- To reduce carbon emissions.
Community First Employee Volunteering
Employee Volunteering is when a company’s employees offer their time and expertise for the benefit of local voluntary and community groups during work time, all with the support of their employer. Volunteering is promoted, encouraged and recognised by the company.
Responsible Business is core business.
Recent research has shown that:
“For many companies CSR is regarded as part of their license to operate – something they must do instead of something they do to create competitive advantage.”
IMPACT Report Executive summary, European Commission
Community First works with local charitable and voluntary organisations so that local businesses can get involved in the community, from sharing skills of employees to helping out on a one-off project.
Providing benefits to the Armed Forces Community
Worthy Down Garrison and Winchester City Council are encouraging local businesses to provide benefits to the Armed Forces Community as part of the Armed Forces Covenant. Benefits could include:
• supporting the employment of veterans young and old
• supporting the employment of service spouses and partners
• offering a degree of flexibility in granting leave for service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
• supporting employees who chose to be members of the Reserve forces
• offering a discount to the members of the Armed Forces Community
If you are interested in finding out more about how you could help please contact Lieutenant Colonel Mark Cox AGC(SPS), Worthy Down Support Unit | Bld 10, Worthy Down, Winchester, Hants, SO21 2RG | Mil: 94271 2295 | Civil: 01962 887295 | e-mail: WDTrgSpUnit-HQ-CO@mod.uk