High Quality Places Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) 2015
The High Quality Places SPD has been adopted following a consultation in 2014 and a resolution by Cabinet on 18 March 2015 (CAB2669).
The SPD applies to the area of Winchester District which lies outside the South Downs National Park, and supports the design policies in the Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy (2013) (particularly policy CP13); also the Winchester District Local Plan Review 2006 (particularly policies DP2-DP5) until replaced by the Local Plan Part 2 - Development Management and Site Allocations.
The SPD identifies design criteria against which planning applications in the area will be assessed and provides further detailed design guidance to encourage high quality design which takes into account local distinctiveness and sustainable design principles.
You can download a copy of the adopted document and the adoption notice published on 8 July 2015 below. Any person aggrieved by the adoption of the High Quality Places SPD may apply to the High Court for permission to apply for judicial review of the Council’s decision to adopt it. Any such application for leave must be made promptly and in any event not later than 3 months after the date of the adoption notice.
You can also view a paper copy, free of charge, at Winchester City Council Customer Service Centre (Please note that the reception is open from Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Fridays 8.30am - 4.30pm). If you would like to buy a copy, you can do so from Winchester City Council Customer Service Centre for a price of £20.
The draft version of the SPD with the modifications made following the public consultation in 2014 can be found in the report to Cabinet on 18 March 2015 (CAB2669). The original representations made on the draft SPD through the consultation can be downloaded below:-
- attach/3651/Bishop-s-Waltham-Development-Plan-Steering-Group.pdf">Bishops Waltham Development Plan Steering Group
- attach/3652/City-of-Winchester-Trust.pdf">City of Winchester Trust
- attach/3653/CPRE-.pdf">Campaign to Protection of Rural England
- attach/3654/English-Heritage.pdf">English Heritage
- attach/3657/New-Homes-Delivery-Team-Redacted.pdf">Winchester City Council Housing Delivery Team
- attach/3655/Natural-England.pdf">Natural England
- attach/3656/Neil-Holmes.pdf">Neil Holmes - Quayside Architects
- attach/3658/Olivers-Battery-Parish-Council.pdf">Olivers Battery Parish Council
- attach/3659/Scot-Masker-Pro-Vision.pdf">Scot Masker - Pro Vision
- attach/3660/Swanmore-Parish-Council.pdf">Swanmore Parish Council
- attach/3661/Theatres-Trust-Winchester-03.12.14.pdf">Theatres Trust