Privacy settings

Guidance for Schools

Schools and other educational premises may be exempt from applying for a Premises Licence or Temporary Event Notice under the Licensing Act 2003.

In order to offer schools some advice on whether they need to apply for a licence, Winchester City Council has drawn up a guidance document consisting of frequently asked questions. This can be accessed on the right hand side.

If you still have questions regarding licensing for school premises, please contact the Licensing Team on 01962 848 188, or email

Winchester City Council logo

Cookies Policy

As is common practice with many websites this site uses cookies, which are small files that are downloaded to your computer, used to improve your visit to this website.

It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you want to enjoy this website.

Review your privacy settings