Next Generation Winchester
Next Generation Winchester project has been established to explore the challenges faced by younger people (aged 18-35) who may want to work and/or live in the Winchester District. The Next Generation project will explore the options available for young people and families and provide an opportunity to influence housing policy, future house building and local housing options across the district.
We would like to engage with this group of younger people by inviting them to take part in a digital survey and there will an opportunity to be entered into a draw to win £100 cash. Closing date for the survey is 18 February 21 (T&C apply)
We are also planning a focus group in the spring to provide an opportunity for young people to express their views in the spring. Date to be confirmed.
Winchester City Council aims for Next Generation Project are:
- Engage with young emerging households across the district to consult on housing need across all tenures
- Adopt the style and approach used by Hampshire County Council for its Hampshire 2050 Commission of Inquiry – hold a digital conference
- Produce a review for future policy and council work
- Create a “platform” for young people and families to influence housing policy, future house building and local housing options for a generation
- Understand what housing options can be delivered through local and national planning policy and the implications for the local plan
- Inform housing and development strategies