Winchester Sport & Leisure Park
Winchester Sport & Leisure Park has just celebrated its first year anniversary, but if you haven’t had the chance to visit the state-of-the-art facticity in person, why not enjoy the 360 virtual tour here.
Winchester Sport & Leisure Park – features for you to enjoy
Our light and airy leisure park is a place for all to enjoy. Whether you are popping in before or after work, are looking for a place for family fun and relaxation, are seeking out some therapeutic exercise or treatament for you or a loved one, you will find the centre a welcoming, comfortable space. The Everyone Active team are really looking forward to showing you the ropes – just check in with them at the desk and they’ll guide you to where you need to be...
After you’ve enjoyed the facilities you can unwind at Everyone Active café with a healthy smoothie, or maybe you’re after some pampering – if so Sparx Beauty Rooms are on hand with a raft of treatments on offer.
Extra work has gone into accessibility and sustainability features to ensure the centre really is a place all can enjoy for generations... we’ve invested in the centre so you can invest in their health and wellbeing... enjoy!
50m competition pool
- Eight lanes for regional swimming events
- Lane swimming, lessons and training
- Spectator viewing gallery
20m teaching pool
- ‘Warm-up’ and ‘cool-down’ pool for learners and leisure swimming
- Beautiful parkland views reflected in the pool
- Family friendly fun water play area for toddlers and parents
- A great way to build water confidence in a safe environment
- Warm water treatments to offer pain relief for patients with long-term health conditions
- Lifts to offer comfortable entry and exit of pool for all
- Fitness suite with 200 stations
- Wide range of state-of the art equipment
- Natural light and parkland views to enjoy while exercising
Wide range of other leisure facilities including
- Multi-purpose sports hall with acoustic screening
- Four glass-backed squash courts
- Treatment rooms
- Innovatively designed, colourful climbing walls
- State-of-the art spin studio with motivational light tracking and music system
- Everyone Active café – healthy snacks and drinks plus an outdoor terrace
The clean lines, clear corridors and well lit spaces are intended to make this a place all feel welcome. Accessibility features have been included throughout including:
Door openings designed for sports wheelchairs
Single level fitness and conditioning suite
Independent access point to the hydrotherapy and physiotherapy suite
Natural daylight with supporting artificial light throughout
Contrasting shades and colours to support spatial navigations plus acoustic treatment of surfaces
Acoustic screening in the open sports hall and background noise elimination in the pool area
Self-control lift into the water and mobile floors for the ‘warm up and cool down’ teaching pool
Poolside platform lifts will allow the use of fully reclined flatbed trollies and wheelchairs
Audible and visual Swiss Timing technology for competitions
Two-metre wide changing room route
Accessible toilets, showers and adjustable basins
Braille wayfinding signage
Sustainability at Winchester Sport & Leisure Park
We’ve built this centre to last for generations and also worked hard to mitigate its impact on the environment in line with our ambitions around becoming a carbon neutral district. This is one of the ‘greenest’ leisure centres in the UK and will has achieved a BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent’. The centre includes:
- Photo Voltaic panels;
- Heat recovery and efficient heating and water systems;
- Improved walking and cycling access
For directions on how to find us visit the Everyone Active website.
Getting here – on foot or bicycle
Visitors can access the Sport & Leisure Park on foot or bike via the new pedestrian and cycle links from the City Centre via National Cycle Network 23 and Domum Road. There is a new cyclist and pedestrian crossing on Bar End Road. Secure covered cycle parking is located at the front of the centre.
Getting here – by public transport
It is free to use Park & Ride (P&R) buses from the Broadway to Winchester Sports and Leisure Park, and for the return journey. Take an East Winchester P&R bus from Stand 8 (near St. Johns House) in the Broadway. Tell the driver that you are going to the leisure centre. Get off at the Barfield P&R stop on Barfield Close. From there, it is a 3-minute walk to the Sports and Leisure Park.
The Stagecoach bus 4 runs from Milford Road, a five-minute walk from the park. It runs every hour to Fulflood and Teg Down, via the city centre and railway station.
Winchester railway station is 25 minutes’ walk away, 15 minutes by bus or less than 10 minutes by bike.
- Contacting Winchester Sport & Leisure Park