Parking and Car Parks
New parking charges have been implemented in Winchester in an effort to improve air quality in the city centre and to encourage the use of the Park and Ride services.
However, there will be no charge for one hour for those who wish to visit the city for a short period.
Here is a summary of the changes that have been made:
- A new FREE ‘one hour, no charge’ period at Park and Walk car parks - Chesil Street, Cattle Market, Coach Park, Worthy Lane and River Park Leisure Centre
- A price freeze for two hour or longer parking at Chesil Street, Cattle Market, Coach Park or Worthy Lane Park and Walk sites
- A new quarterly Park and Ride season ticket option has been introduced – improving the value of Winchester Park and Ride sites for commuters. There is no increase in daily charges at Park and Ride sites making these car parks the most cost-effective place to park when parking for longer periods of time.
- The cost of parking in the city centre car parks has increased by less than inflation at up to 10p per hour. Parking meters have been brought in line with the car parks with the free half an hour on-street parking discontinued.
- Blue Badge parking in Pay and Display car parking continues to be free where it is available.
There are a range of parking options available in Winchester:
View Winchester & District Parking Map in a larger map