Carol Singing

Winchester City Council issues permits to carol singers and bands who wish to perform during the month of December within the Winchester district, to raise money for charity or another non-profit organisation. These permits are issued in much the same way as a street collection permit, with some additional restrictions. 

Those who wish to perform Christmas carols without raising money for charity may do so in the form of busking, and must follow the Busker's Code of Practice