If you need someone to talk to about your mental health and wellbeing then please do use the resources below. It's an extremely difficult time for many with the cost of living crisis, so please do reach out if you're struggling and need someone to speak to.
Immediate mental health support
- If you're in emotional distress, call Samaritans on 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The No Panic Helpline is open 365 days a year between 10am – 10pm for anyone feeling anxious or panicked. Call 0844 967 4848 or 0330 606 1174.
- This helpline plays breathing exercises to help you through a panic attack – call 01952 680 835 to listen to it anytime.
- For free, 24/7 in-the-moment mental health support with anxiety, stress, loneliness or depression, text 'HANTS' to 85258.
- If you need help getting cool and calm, Text HOME to 741741.
- Combat Stress provides Mental health services for veterans - contact them on 0800 1381619
- Kooth is a free, anonymous online counselling and emotional wellbeing support service for young people aged 11-25 years in Hampshire. It offers a safe way to access support for emotional health and wellbeing needs, with no referral needed.
- Winchester Youth Counselling has lots of counselling services available for young people.
- The Mental Wellbeing Hampshire is full of useful resources to help you maintain good mental health and wellbeing.
- iTalk is a Talking Therapy service for people registered with a GP in the Winchester area. You can self-refer online, or by calling 023 8038 3920.
- Olive branch is an accessible, professional counselling service for those in need. You can self-refer by calling 01962 842858.
- Solent Mind's Wellbeing Centre offers support for anyone with mental health problems - contact them 01962 859012.
- Age UK has support for Older People - 0800 6781602
- SSAFA has lots of support available for members of the armed forces - you can contact them on 0800 260 6767
- Royal British legion Armed Forces Charity Support - 0808 8028080
Health and wellbeing
- Primary Care Networks can provide better access to healthcare and associated services. The Primary Care Networks in Winchester are:
- Social and community activities have a lot of health and wellbeing benefits and are increasingly being prescribed by GPs. Ask your GP about social prescription to see how you might be able to benefit.
- Cruse Bereavement Care - 0808 808 1677 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- Winchester Bereavement Service - 01962 863626
- Butterflies and Bereavement Support - 07889 009 393
Domestic Abuse - Available Support
There is never any excuse for Domestic abuse – it can take many forms and is not always physical, an abuser may restrict how you make or spend your money, or control other areas of your life including housing, food and clothing. The cost of living crisis is making it more difficult for people to leave abusive relationships but there is help at hand.
- If you or someone you know is affected by domestic abuse, please call Hampshire Domestic Abuse Advice Line 03300 165112, they can provide both advice and support.
- If you are concerned about your behaviour towards someone else, help is also available - call the Hampton Trust’s advice line on 02380 009898.