Information for Organisations
This page is for organisations who are either looking to provide cost of living support to local communities, or in need of a helping hand themselves.
I can help
- Not-for-profit organisations looking to purchase equipment or run an activity for the benefit of the community can access up to £1,000 in funding via our Small Grants Scheme.
- If you're opening your organisation up as a warm space, make sure to register your venue on the Warm Welcome website.
- CILIP and Martin Lewis have developed a brilliant guide telling you everything you need to know about setting up a warm space in your community.
- Chat About is a free scheme involving online training you can sign up to that can help you improve wellbeing and social connection in your local community.
- Organisations can use this location data from Citizens Advice Winchester to better target their support towards areas of greater deprivation.
Community organisations can apply to Hampshire County Council's Household Support Fund (open October 2023) to get help with cost of utilities and food for households who are struggling with the rising cost of living here: https://www.hants.gov.uk/socialcareandhealth/childrenandfamilies/connectforcommunities/supportforfamilies
I need help
- There's lots of advice on our business pages for businesses dealing with cost-of-living-related issues.
- Small businesses, voluntary organisations and other non-domestic energy customers can get support through the Government's Energy Relief Scheme until 31 March 2023.
- Citizens Advice has an advice page for small businesses struggling to meet their energy bills.