To check if you need planning permission and for all planning enquiries please contact:
TELEPHONE - 01962 848177
EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to submit your planning application:
For all planning application forms and to submit any type of planning application please go to www.planningportal.co.uk/applications
About the planning service:
If you have submitted an application to the planning service via the Planning Portal, email@example.com or by paper you will have received an email acknowledgement confirmation of receipt.
The Council has developed a new framework for dealing with all types of planning applications, and the good news is that your application will be processed adopting this new framework. This has though resulted in some initial delays, whilst we fully integrate the new framework.
Please be assured that an officer from the planning team will make contact with you as soon as possible to progress your application.
The good news is that the average time to deal with the majority of all planning applications is between 7 and 9 weeks and the case officer will also work with you.
There is no need to contact us if you have submitted your application to us as we will be in touch as soon as we are able to, to ensure we can progress your application.
Head of Development Management
- Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction FAQs on Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction
- Major Sites and Projects Guided by our Community Strategy and Portfolio Plans, the City Council has an ambitious programme of major projects in place which deliver our key priorities throughout the Winchester District.
- North/North East of Hedge End The strategy for South Hampshire which has been produced by the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH) includes a Strategic Development Area (SDA) to the north/north east of Hedge End.
- Planning Appeals 2017 The latest list of appeals received and decided by the Planning Inspectorate for 2017, that relate to planning applications previously determined by the City Council.
- Planning Applications Guidance on making planning applications and the forms required to be submitted.
- Welborne (New Community North of Fareham). The strategy for South Hampshire which has been produced by the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH) includes a Strategic Development Area (SDA) to the north of Fareham.
- Planning Enforcement If you suspect there has been a breach of planning control please contact the Enforcement Team.
- Planning Appeals Appeals can be made for a number of reasons, but most are made because planning permission has been refused.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Find more information on the levy and its application in the Winchester District on these pages.
- Major Sites & Projects
- South Downs National Park We are responsible for providing day-to-day planning services on behalf of the South Downs National Park Authority.
- Heritage and Conservation Winchester City Council's Conservation section provide specialist advice on the conservation of the district's historic built environment, including listed buildings, conservation areas and other buildings that are considered of significant local historic interest.
- Landscape & Countryside Details on Landscape Design, Open Space Development and Tree and Hedgerow Management - including Tree Preservation Orders.
- Local Land Charges Local land charges are requested by solicitors and other conveyancing professional as part of land and property sales.
- Open Spaces Determining what recreational provision is required for new dwellings in the Plan area, or, the amount of contribution that will be sought in lieu of that provision.
- Trees Information about dealing with trees in a conservation area and TPOs.
- Public Notices A list of Public Notices that we have published in local newspapers.
- Planning Policy Planning Policy deals the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF). The LDF is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development.
- Supplementary Planning Guidance Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) provide further details, guidance and principles for which development is expected to follow.