The Office of Mayor of Winchester is one of the oldest mayoralties in England, dating back to the period when the City was the national capital. The current Mayor of Winchester is Cllr Frank Pearson. He is the 813th Mayor of Winchester.
During his term as Mayor, Cllr Pearson's chosen charities will be The Magic Wand Appeal for the RHCH, the Felix Fund -the Bomb disposal charity and Bishop’s Waltham Community Responders. The theme of the chosen charities is ‘A helping hand’.
The Deputy Mayor and Mayoress for 2012-2013 are Cllr Ernie Jeffs and his wife, Barbara. The Deputy Mayor stands in for the Mayor should he or she be unavailable. In the following year it is tradition for the Deputy Mayor to be elected Mayor.
- Abbey House Abbey House is the official residence of the Mayor of Winchester.
- Current Mayor Cllr Ernie Jeffs was appointed as the new Mayor of Winchester at a Mayor Making Ceremony at Winchester Guildhall on Wednesday 15 May 2013.
- Deputy Mayor The Deputy Mayor 2013-2014 is Cllr Eileen Berry.
- History of the Mayor By tradition, the Mayor of Winchester stands second only to the Lord Mayor of London in precedence of civic heads.
- Mayor's Diary Information regarding the Mayor of Winchesters' upcoming engagements
- Past Mayors Although 2013 see's the 814th Mayor, we have here a list of the past Mayors of Winchester since 1900.