Winchester City Council can issue permits to allow vehicles to park, where parking restrictions apply when a certain activity needs to be carried out. Parking waivers may be granted where a vehicle is required to be parked at, or near to, a precise location and where no alternative parking is reasonably available.
Although not an exclusive list, applications for waivers will be considered from or for:
- Removal Vehicles
- Shop Fitting Vehicles
- Building Operations
- Highway Maintenance
- Crane Operations
Application for waivers will not normally be granted where there is reasonable alternative off-street parking nearby, or if it seems the waiver is being requested for convenience rather than necessity.
How to apply
Applications for parking waivers are usually made by personal visit to the Parking Services counter at City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, where the application can be considered and the parking waiver issued immediately. A parking waiver request may also be made in writing in the following ways:
- Letter (send to Parking Services, City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LJ).
- Fax (send to 01962 865 387)
- Email - send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will to have to provide:
- Location of area where work is being carried out
- Vehicle Registration Mark, Make and Model of vehicle the waiver is required for
- Length of time parking waiver is required for (Waivers will be issued for a maximum period of one week. Length of time issued for is at the discretion of Parking Services)
- £8.00 for each day the waiver is required for
- Proof that the company is carrying out the work at the property. This could be either a job/work sheet or any other documentation related to the company and the job that may be considered.
How to pay
Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, postal orders or cheque (made payable to Winchester City Council). You may pay by cash if you deliver your application to the City Offices. Please do not send cash by post.
For further information please contact Parking Services at City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester.
Parking Services counter opening times:
Monday to Friday 9.00am-4.00pm
Saturday and Sunday closed