Parking for residents in flood affected areas
While the parking area in Park Avenue remains flooded, residents with a parking permit for either Zone D or Zone M will be permitted to use either the St Peters or Durngate car parks. A clearly displayed valid permit for on-street parking in Zones M or D is required.
While the parking area in Water Lane remains flooded, residents with a parking permit for Zone B will be permitted to use the Chesil Multi-storey car park. A clearly displayed valid permit for on-street parking in Zone B is required.
Affected residents should try and park on permitted areas of the road wherever possible and park in the car park as the next resort. This arrangement is temporary and will be reviewed. If the flooding situation is resolved, residents would be expected to move their vehicles from the car parks back to the available permit parking on-street.
Please note that there are no lifts operational in Frairsgate Car Park.
For health and safety reasons, areas of the car park have been temporarily closed. There are still 158 spaces available for use.
For Disabled users, some additional disabled parking bays have been placed in Cossack Lane car park. Drivers with pushchairs/buggies are advised to find alternative car parking as well.
- Chesil Quarter Car Park Survey Users of the Chesil Street Surface Car Park and the Chesil Multi Storey Car Park were invited to complete a questionnaire to inform investigations into the possibility of consolidating car parking within the area. This survey is now closed and the results are available.
- RingGo Park & Ride Phone Parking Payments RingGo Park & Ride (P&R) is a quick and easy mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your P&R parking and bus journey with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- Winchester District Car Parking Strategy The Winchester District Car Parking Strategy provides a framework for decision making in the period 2014 to 2018
- Park Mark® - Safer Parking Awards Nineteen of Winchester City Council's car parks have been awarded Park Mark Safer Parking Awards.
- Park and Ride There are three P&R car parks: South Winchester, and the East Winchester car parks -Barfield and St Catherine's. There are over 1600 parking spaces now available.
- Car Parks There is a range of parking in Winchester including the three Park and Ride sites. There are Pay and Display and Pay on Foot car parks, and now it is possible to pay by phone.
- Residents Parking Parking options for residents in the Winchester area including how to apply for permits and season tickets, and how to renew and cancel them.
- Parking Permits and Season Tickets There are various parking options available to purchase if you are a resident, business or organisation living or situated within Winchester.
- Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) How to pay a PCN, or how to make an appeal if you feel you have grounds for the Council to consider cancelling a penalty charge.
- Pay by Phone Rather than having to put money into a pay and display machine, you can use your mobile phone – which means no more worrying about whether you are carrying the correct change as the cost of parking is simply charged to your credit or debit card.
- On-Street Parking (Bays) As well as the numerous car parks and park and ride sites in Winchester it is also possible to park on-street in certain locations.
- Disabled Parking Where to park in Winchester if you are a disabled driver or passenger and information on the Blue Badge Scheme.
- Other Vehicle Parking Information on parking motorcycles, motorhomes, coaches and lorries in the Winchester district.
- Real Time Car Park Availability Car park availability information provided by Romanse.