Winchester Park and Ride
The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City Council from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council. Park and Ride has been developed as a way of reducing traffic volumes and the impact of traffic in the city centre.
There are three P&R car parks: South Winchester, and the East Winchester car parks -Barfield and St Catherine's. There are over 1650 parking spaces now available. The car parks are all covered by CCTV, and are all awarded the Park Mark Safer Parking status for security and safety. The Park and Ride car parks are available for use 7 days a week. The bus service currently operates Monday to Saturday only. There are no buses on Sundays or public/bank holidays.
- South Winchester Park and Ride South Winchester Park and Ride has 864 spaces and is accessible from Junction 11 of the M3
- East Winchester (St Catherine's) Park and Ride The East Winchester P&R: St Catherine's car park has 591 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9NP
- East Winchester (Barfield) Park and Ride The Barfield Park and Ride site has 194 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north, use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9SQ
- Pitt Park and Ride Pitt Park and Ride will be open late summer/early Autumn 2015.
- General Information The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council
- Bus Timetable The Park and Ride Buses run from 06.30 until 20.45, Monday to Friday and 07.00 until 18.45 on Saturdays between the East Winchester car parks and the South Winchester car park.
- Park and Ride - FAQs Winchester Park and Ride Frequently Asked Questions
- Season Tickets - Park and Ride Season Tickets are available for the Winchester Park and Ride car parks; they are a convenient and cost effective option for regular users
- Smart Cards and RingGo E-Wallet A pre-payment Smart Card is a card that holds credit for Winchester Park and Ride parking. The RingGo e-wallet is the pay by phone equivalent.
- RingGo Park & Ride Phone Parking Payments RingGo Park & Ride (P&R) is a quick and easy mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your P&R parking and bus journey with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- Park and Cycle (South Winchester) Season Ticket A limited number of season tickets are available for parking only at the South Winchester Park and Ride car park. With the ticket, you can park your car at the South Winchester car park without the need for daily payment at the ticket machine and cycle or walk into Winchester.
- Park and Ride Review 2014 The Park and Ride 2014 user survey results can be viewed here.