Winchester Park and Ride
The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City Council from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council. Park and Ride has been developed as a way of reducing traffic volumes and the impact of traffic in the city centre.
There are three P&R car parks: South Winchester, and the East Winchester car parks -Barfield and St Catherine's. There are over 1650 parking spaces now available. The car parks are all covered by CCTV, and are all awarded the Park Mark Safer Parking status for security and safety. The Park and Ride car parks are available for use 7 days a week. The bus service currently operates Monday to Saturday only. There are no buses on Sundays or public/bank holidays.
Romsey Road - Road Works July - November 2014
Major road works on Romsey Road, in conjunction with the Pitt Manor development will be starting next week for three months. The road works are to construct a new access off Romsey Road to the Pitt Manor development and park and ride, and to widen the south footway of Romsey Road. The road works proposed will be 4 way temporary traffic lights at the Kilham Lane/Stanmore Lane junction, with temporary lights or stop/go boards on Romsey Road to allow the road to be narrowed to one lane.
The works are programmed to start on the 21st July and will be in place 24 hours a day until 31st August (summer holidays). The road works will then take place in off peak hours from 1st September to 13th October. Night closures of Romsey Road will then take place from the 20th October to the 2nd November.
We are expecting delays on the Park & Ride service throughout these road works, and we will shall be monitoring the situation and reacting as necessary.
- East Winchester (Barfield) The Barfield Park and Ride site has 194 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north, use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9SQ
- RingGo Park & Ride Phone Parking Payments RingGo Park & Ride (P&R) is a quick and easy mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your P&R parking and bus journey with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- East Winchester (St Catherine's) The East Winchester P&R: St Catherine's car park has 591 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9NP
- South Winchester South Winchester Park and Ride has 864 spaces and is accessible from Junction 11 of the M3
- General Information The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council
- Bus Timetable The Park and Ride Buses run from 06.30 until 20.45, Monday to Friday and 07.00 until 18.45 on Saturdays between the East Winchester car parks and the South Winchester car park.
- Park and Ride - FAQs Winchester Park and Ride Frequently Asked Questions
- Season Tickets - Park and Ride Season Tickets are available for the Winchester Park and Ride car parks; they are a convenient and cost effective option for regular users
- Smart Cards A pre-payment Smart Card is a card that holds credit for Winchester Park and Ride parking