The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City Council from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council. Park and Ride has been developed as a way of reducing traffic volumes and the impact of traffic in the city centre.
There are three P&R car parks: South Winchester, and the East Winchester car parks -Barfield and St Catherine's. There are over 1600 parking spaces now available. The car parks are all covered by CCTV, and are all awarded the Park Mark Safer Parking status for security and safety.
- East Winchester (Barfield) The Barfield Park and Ride site has 194 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north, use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9SQ
- East Winchester (St Catherine's) The East Winchester P&R: St Catherine's car park has 591 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9NP
- South Winchester South Winchester Park and Ride has 864 spaces and is accessible from Junction 11 of the M3
- General Information The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council
- Bus Timetable The Park and Ride Buses run from 06.30 until 20.45, Monday to Friday and 07.00 until 18.45 on Saturdays between the East Winchester car parks and the South Winchester car park.
- Park and Ride - FAQs Winchester Park and Ride Frequently Asked Questions
- Season Tickets - Park and Ride Season Tickets are available for the Winchester Park and Ride car parks; they are a convenient and cost effective option for regular users
- Smart Cards A pre-payment Smart Card is a card that holds credit for Winchester Park and Ride parking