Winchester Park and Ride
The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City Council from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council. Park and Ride has been developed as a way of reducing traffic volumes and the impact of traffic in the city centre.
There are three P&R car parks: South Winchester, and the East Winchester car parks -Barfield and St Catherine's. There are over 1650 parking spaces now available. The car parks are all covered by CCTV, and are all awarded the Park Mark Safer Parking status for security and safety. The Park and Ride car parks are available for use 7 days a week, however, the bus service currently operates Monday to Saturday only, except on bank holidays.
Christmas Additional Park and Ride Service
Additional Park and Ride services will be running from Monday 18th November. Buses will run every 10 minutes (up until 6pm only) and Saturday services are extended to run up until 8.40pm.
Sundays Only: A free Sunday Park and Ride bus service is operating from East Winchester ONLY (Barfield and St Catherines) starting Sunday 24th November through to Sunday 22nd December 2013. The buses will shuttle passengers to and from East Winchester Park & Ride to The Broadway only, every 10 minutes from 9am to 7pm. It will not be not be running from South Winchester Park and Ride. The free Sunday service is funded by Winchester BID.
Please Note: From Monday 25th November until Sunday 22nd December, the 'Broadway Guildhall' bus stop outside Abbey Gardens for Park & Ride buses heading to South Winchester Park & Ride, will be moved to outside the Guildhall. A temporary bus flag will be installed outside the Guildhall. Park & Ride buses will be using the existing parking bays as their bus stop. These parking bays will be suspended for this whole period.
Please see the link below for full details and timetables.
- Christmas Park and Ride The Christmas Park and Ride timetables can be found here. These more frequent services will run from Monday 18th November 2013 until Sunday 22nd December 2013.
- East Winchester (Barfield) The Barfield Park and Ride site has 194 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north, use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9SQ
- RingGo Park & Ride Phone Parking Payments RingGo Park & Ride (P&R) is a quick and easy mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your P&R parking and bus journey with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- East Winchester (St Catherine's) The East Winchester P&R: St Catherine's car park has 591 spaces and is situated at Bar End near the M3. Travelling south use junction 9 and travelling north use junction 10. For Sat Nav users, the postcode is SO23 9NP
- South Winchester South Winchester Park and Ride has 864 spaces and is accessible from Junction 11 of the M3
- General Information The Winchester Park and Ride (P&R) service is operated by Winchester City from car parks constructed by and leased from Hampshire County Council
- Bus Timetable The Park and Ride Buses run from 06.30 until 20.45, Monday to Friday and 07.00 until 18.45 on Saturdays between the East Winchester car parks and the South Winchester car park.
- Park and Ride - FAQs Winchester Park and Ride Frequently Asked Questions
- Season Tickets - Park and Ride Season Tickets are available for the Winchester Park and Ride car parks; they are a convenient and cost effective option for regular users
- Smart Cards A pre-payment Smart Card is a card that holds credit for Winchester Park and Ride parking