Hire of St Maurice's Covert
St Maurice's Covert is the area between Greggs Bakers and Debenhams and is available for hire by charitable organisations only to be used for table top sales.
If you would like to check the availability of the Covert, please contact the Estates team using the details below. Alternatively, if you would like to see the bookings for the next three months, please see the list below. Dates can be provisionally booked for fourteen days only. If the application form and payment have not been received within those fourteen days the booking will be cancelled.
- The charge for the hire of the Covert is £35 per booking. The fee is payable at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5m and to produce proof of such Insurance to the Council if required.
- No jumble sales, raffles or lotteries are permitted.
- No Organisation is to have more than four bookings on Fridays or Saturdays a year and may in addition have no more than 6 bookings on other weekdays making a maximum of ten per year. However, organisations are very welcome to enquire about last minute availability.
- The Covert must not be used for Trade or Commercial use.
- One parking ticket will be issued per booking, if requested, for Colebrook Street Car Park.
- Tables are not provided.
Please send all applications to:
Winchester City Council
Please make all cheques payable to Winchester City Council.
For further information please contact the Estates Department on 01962 848 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form and conditions are below.
COVERT BOOKINGS - September, October & November 2016
|Saturday 3rd||The Donkey Sanctuary|
|Friday 16th||St Margarets Church|
|Sunday 18th||Marie Curie|
|Wednesday 21nd||HCC Adoption & Fostering|
|Friday 23rd||Hampshire & IOW Air Ambulance|
|Saturday 24th||Friends of The Family Winchester|
|Monday 26th||Dog Trust|
|Tuesday 27th||Dog Trust|
|Wednesday 28th||Dog Trust|
|Thursday 29th||Dog Trust|
|Friday 30th||Dog Trust|
|Saturday 1st||Dog Trust|
|Sunday 2nd||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Wednesday 5th||Cats Protection|
|Thursday 6th||Cats Protection|
|Friday 7th||Cats Protection|
|Wednesday 12th||Cats Protection|
|Tuesday 18th||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Sunday 23rd||Alzheimer's Society|
|Thursday 27th||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Friday 4th||Winchester Musicals & Opera Society|
|Saturday 5th||The Donkey Sanctuary|
|Monday 7th||Great Ormond Street|
|Tuesday 8th||Great Ormond Street|
|Wednesday 9th||Great Ormond Street|
|Thursday 10th||Great Ormond Street|
|Friday 11th||Great Ormond Street|
|Saturday 12th||Great Ormond Street|
|Friday 18th||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Sunday 20th||Naomi House|
|Friday 25th||Winchester Domestic Violence Forum|
|Sunday 27th||Naomi House|
|Some of the following documents are in pdf format. You can download and install a free PDF reader to enable you to read and print them. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader.|
|St. Maurice's Covert Application||80KB||
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute