Hire of St Maurice's Covert
St Maurice's Covert is the area between Greggs' the Bakers and Debenhams and is available for hire by charitable organisations only to be used for table top sales.
If you would like to check the availability of the Covert, please contact the Estates team using the details below. Alternatively, if you would like to see the bookings for the next three months, please see the list below. Dates can be provisionally booked for fourteen days only. If the application form and payment have not been received within those fourteen days the booking will be cancelled.
How to book
- The charge for the hire of the Covert is £35 per booking. The fee is payable at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5m and to produce proof of such Insurance to the Council if required.
- No jumble sales, raffles or lotteries are permitted.
- No Organisation is to have more than four bookings on Fridays or Saturdays a year and may in addition have no more than 6 bookings on other weekdays making a maximum of ten per year. However, organisations are very welcome to enquire about last minute availability.
- The Covert must not be used for Trade or Commercial use.
- One parking ticket will be issued per booking, if requested, for Colebrook Street Car Park.
- Tables are not provided.
Please send all applications to:
Winchester City Council
Please make all cheques payable to Winchester City Council.
For further information please contact the Estates Department on 01962 848 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form and conditions are on the right-hand-side.
COVERT BOOKINGS - December 2017, January and February 2018
December Friday 1st RNLI 2017 Saturday 2nd Cats Protection Winchester Sunday 3rd Hyde WI Monday 4th Tuesday 5th Wednesday 6th Thursday 7th NSPCC Friday 8th Cat & Kitten Rescue Saturday 9th The Donkey Sanctuary Sunday 10th Osteoporosis Monday 11th Tuesday 12th Wednesday 13th Thursday 14th RSPB Friday 15th Saturday 16th St Faiths School Sunday 17th Monday 18th Tuesday 19th Wednesday 20th Thursday 21st Friday 22nd Saturday 23rd Sunday 24th Monday 25th Tuesday 26th Wednesday 27th Thursday 28th Friday 29th Saturday 30th Sunday 31st January Monday 1st 2018 Tuesday 2nd Wednesday 3rd Thursday 4th Friday 5th Saturday 6th Sunday 7th Monday 8th Tuesday 9th Wednesday 10th Thursday 11th Friday 12th Saturday 13th Sunday 14th WCC - City Centre Regeneration Exhibition Monday 15th Tuesday 16th Wednesday 17th Thursday 18th Friday 19th Saturday 20th Sunday 21st Monday 22nd Tuesday 23rd Wednesday 24th Thursday 25th Friday 26th Saturday 27th Sunday 28th Monday 29th Tuesday 30th Wednesday 31st February Thursday 1st 2018 Friday 2nd Saturday 3rd Sunday 4th Monday 5th Tuesday 6th Wednesday 7th Thursday 8th Friday 9th Saturday 10th Sunday 11th Monday 12th Tuesday 13th Wednesday 14th Thursday 15th Friday 16th Saturday 17th Sunday 18th Monday 19th Tuesday 20th Wednesday 21st Thursday 22nd Friday 23rd Saturday 24th Sunday 25th Monday 26th Tuesday 27th Wednesday 28th Sunday 31st