Hire of St Maurice's Covert
St Maurice's Covert is the area between Greggs' the Bakers and Debenhams and is available for hire by charitable organisations only to be used for table top sales.
If you would like to check the availability of the Covert, please contact the Estates team using the details below. Alternatively, if you would like to see the bookings for the next three months, please see the list below. Dates can be provisionally booked for fourteen days only. If the application form and payment have not been received within those fourteen days the booking will be cancelled.
- The charge for the hire of the Covert is £35 per booking. The fee is payable at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5m and to produce proof of such Insurance to the Council if required.
- No jumble sales, raffles or lotteries are permitted.
- No Organisation is to have more than four bookings on Fridays or Saturdays a year and may in addition have no more than 6 bookings on other weekdays making a maximum of ten per year. However, organisations are very welcome to enquire about last minute availability.
- The Covert must not be used for Trade or Commercial use.
- One parking ticket will be issued per booking, if requested, for Colebrook Street Car Park.
- Tables are not provided.
Please send all applications to:
Winchester City Council
Please make all cheques payable to Winchester City Council.
For further information please contact the Estates Department on 01962 848 134 or email email@example.com
The application form and conditions are below.
COVERT BOOKINGS - July, August & September 2017
|Saturday 1st||Hat Fair|
|Sunday 2nd||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Thursday 6th||Rifles Parade & Recruitment|
|Friday 7th||Allied Special Forces Association & Rifles|
|Saturday 8th||Rifles Parade & Recruitment|
|Sunday 9th||Population Matters|
|Saturday 15th||Chandlers Ford Methodist Church|
|Tuesday 18th||Naomi House|
|Wednesday 19th||Naomi House|
|Saturday 22nd||Trinity Winchester|
|Thursday 27th||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Friday 28th||Winchester Science Festival|
|Sunday 30th||Winchester Science Festival|
|Sunday 6th||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Thursday 24th||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Saturday 26th||Greyhound Gap|
|Sunday 3rd||Cat & Kitten Rescue|
|Saturday 9th||Muscular Dystrophy UK|
|Friday 15th||St Margaret's Church, South Wonston|
|Saturday 23rd||Friends of the Family Winchester Limited|
|Some of the following documents are in pdf format. You can download and install a free PDF reader to enable you to read and print them. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader.|
|St. Maurice's Covert Application||80KB||
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute