Hire of St Maurice's Covert
St Maurice's Covert is the area between Greggs' the Bakers and Debenhams and is available for hire by charitable organisations only to be used for table top sales.
If you would like to check the availability of the Covert, please contact the Estates team using the details below. Alternatively, if you would like to see the bookings for the next three months, please see the list below. Dates can be provisionally booked for fourteen days only. If the application form and payment have not been received within those fourteen days the booking will be cancelled.
How to book
- The charge for the hire of the Covert is £35 per booking. The fee is payable at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain Public Liability Insurance to the value of £5m and to produce proof of such Insurance to the Council if required.
- No jumble sales, raffles or lotteries are permitted.
- No Organisation is to have more than four bookings on Fridays or Saturdays a year and may in addition have no more than 6 bookings on other weekdays making a maximum of ten per year. However, organisations are very welcome to enquire about last minute availability.
- The Covert must not be used for Trade or Commercial use.
- One parking ticket will be issued per booking, if requested, for Colebrook Street Car Park.
- Tables are not provided.
Please send all applications to:
Winchester City Council
Please make all cheques payable to Winchester City Council.
For further information please contact the Estates Department on 01962 848 134 or email email@example.com
The application form and conditions are on the right-hand-side.
COVERT BOOKINGS - October, November and December 2017
October Sunday 1st Cat & Kitten Rescue 2017 Monday 2nd Tuesday 3rd Wednesday 4th Thursday 5th Friday 6th Donkey Sancturary Saturday 7th Marie Curie Sunday 8th Monday 9th Tuesday 10th Wednesday 11th Cats Protection Winchester Thursday 12th Cat & Kitten Rescue Friday 13th Saturday 14th Sunday 15th SPANA Monday 16th Tuesday 17th Wednesday 18th Thursday 19th Friday 20th Saturday 21st Sunday 22nd Monday 23rd Tuesday 24th Wednesday 25th Thursday 26th SPANA Friday 27th Saturday 28th Sunday 29th Monday 30th Tuesday 31st November Wednesday 1st 2017 Thursday 2nd Friday 3rd Winchester Musicals & Opera Society Saturday 4th Sunday 5th Cat & Kitten Rescue Monday 6th Tuesday 7th Wednesday 8th Thursday 9th Friday 10th Cat & Kitten Rescue Saturday 11th Sunday 12th Naomi House Childrens Hospice Monday 13th Tuesday 14th Wednesday 15th Thursday 16th Friday 17th Saturday 18th Climb Sunday 19th Wessex Childrens Hospice Trust Monday 20th Tuesday 21st Wednesday 22nd Thursday 23rd WCC - Lucy Spence Friday 24th PICU Saturday 25th RNLI Sunday 26th Monday 27th Tuesday 28th Wednesday 29th Thursday 30th Cat & Kitten Rescue December Friday 1st RNLI 2017 Saturday 2nd Cats Protection Winchester Sunday 3rd Hyde WI Monday 4th Tuesday 5th Wednesday 6th Thursday 7th NSPCC Friday 8th Cat & Kitten Rescue Saturday 9th Sunday 10th Monday 11th Tuesday 12th Wednesday 13th Thursday 14th Friday 15th Saturday 16th Sunday 17th Monday 18th Tuesday 19th Wednesday 20th Thursday 21st Friday 22nd Saturday 23rd Sunday 24th Monday 25th Tuesday 26th Wednesday 27th Thursday 28th Friday 29th Saturday 30th Sunday 31st