The City Council is involved with and has a wide range of responsibilities for Housing. This section of the website covers a variety of areas related to housing, including, council housing, applying for housing, home improvements, grants, refuse and recycling, and much more.
Housing survey to establish the number of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) in Stanmore.
- Council Housing & Tenants We manage and maintain over 5000 council properties throughout the Winchester district.
- New Affordable Housing The cost and affordability of housing in Winchester District is a serious problem. Providing affordable properties can help tackle these problems and delivering new homes is a Council priority.
- Older Persons Services Information to help older people
- Research Evidence base regarding Housing
- Want to Move House?
- Garages Applications Almost 2000 lock up garages are available for rent across the district by Council tenants or private individuals.
- Hampshire Home Choice A choice based lettings system allowing you to register for housing and bid for properties.
- Rough Sleeper and Homelessness Help and advice for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and what to do if you find someone sleeping rough
- Private Housing and Empty Properties Information for landlords and regarding private housing.
- Get Involvement The City Council is committed to tenant involvement and actively encourages and improves participation and consultation.
- TACT (Tenants & Council Together) An independent group of tenants and leaseholders working in partnership with Winchester City Council.
- Right to Buy How you may be able to purchase your council property under the Right ot Buy scheme.
- Housing Strategies & Policies A list of housing strategies and policies available to view and download.