Housing service changes
- There is a Housing Options duty officer available by telephone during the office hours of 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday (16.30 on a Friday), except on a Wednesday when duty will start at 13.00. The Housing Options duty line is 01962 848 163 .
- Alternatively you can contact us by email email@example.com.
- Our council reception is closed as we try to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and but if you can not contact us by phone or online we have a telephone in the lobby and you should dial 2163 to be put through to the Housing Options duty officer.
- For out of hours emergencies, please contact our out of hours service on 01962 865 405.
- If you are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping, please contact the Housing Options duty officer on 01962 848 163 who will be able to help you.
- We have an outreach service in place to check on rough sleepers on a daily basis which ensure people are well, provided with up to date public health information and critically, not displaying symptoms of COVID-19. We are sourcing a variety of accommodation options to ensure rough sleepers can be supported during this period. Alongside key partners, we are monitoring this situation extremely carefully taking account all relevant guidance as it is published, to ensure that the needs of vulnerable homeless people are met.
- Should you find someone sleeping rough within the district please contact StreetLink.
- StreetLink is the national service set up to enable rough sleepers to become connected with the support they need. There are three ways that you can contact StreetLink to tell them about a rough sleeper:
- Call 0300 500 0914. This is a free phone number and lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Visit www.streetlink.org.uk and click ‘Tell us about a rough sleeper@ and fill in as many details as possible.
- Download the mobile app (available for free from the iTunes and Google Play stores) and follow the same steps as the website.
- Any details you may provide about the rough sleeper will be sent to both the housing options team at the City Council and to Trinity Winchester, the local day centre providing support for the homeless, who will aim to make direct contact the rough sleeper in order to provide relevant advice and assistance. A few days later StreetLink will follow the case up with the City Council and can provide you with an update.
Housing Options Telephone Appointments
- As part of our approach to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are now only offering telephone appointments. Please do not make an unnecessary visit to our offices and help reduce the spread of the infection. If you already have an appointment your Housing Options officer will have been in contact already to rearrange the appointment.
- If you need to contact your Housing Options officer by telephone or email, please do so. If you are unable to locate their direct contact details, please call the duty line on 01962 848 163 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Housing Options team will be working to prevent your homelessness as best they can given the current circumstances.
Hampshire Home Choice and Allocations services
- If you have a query in respect of your Hampshire Home Choice application there will be an Allocations Team member available via the Allocations Duty telephone line 01962 848 356 during the hours of 09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday (16.30 on a Friday). Alternatively you can contact us by email: HAllocations@winchester.gov.uk
- At present and over the coming weeks we anticipate that there will be a significant reduction in properties advertised on Hampshire Home Choice due to restrictions and advice from the Government. However, we are working hard to ensure that all other services relating to Hampshire Home Choice continue to function as normal.
- If you are a resident in temporary accommodation you will have been contacted directly by our temporary accommodation team to advise what support we can offer you. If you fall into difficulties as a result of COVID-19, please contact the temporary accommodation team directly on 01962 856 368 or by email email@example.com