What is Universal Credit?
Universal Credit is a monthy payment to help with your living costs. You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income or out of work
Universal Credit is replacing the following benefits:
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
There are a small number of people who will not have their housing costs paid as part of their Universal Credit and will continue to receive help towards their rent by claiming Housing Benefit, for example:
- If you have been placed into temporary accommodation by our housing team under housing homeless or homeless prevention legislation
- If you are living in supported accommodation which has been classified as specified accommodation by Winchester City Council
- If you are entitled to a severe disability premium. Click here to find out more about the severe disability premium.