Homes for All Housing Strategy 2017/18 - 2022/23
This Strategy sets out the Council’s strategic housing priorities. Its vision is to support the creation of cohesive communities, helping everyone in the District to have a choice of high quality housing to meet their needs.
The main focus of the Strategy is those who are unable to exercise a reasonable choice. It complements the Winchester District Development Framework which provides a framework and policy context within which new development can take place.
The five priorities of the Strategy are:
- To accelerate and to maximise the supply of high quality affordable housing across the District.
- To improve the housing circumstances of vulnerable and excluded households.
- Supporting local people accessing high quality and affordable housing which meet their needs.
- To make best use of housing.
- To engage with residents and create cohesive communities.
We will develop a series of actions to meet these priorities, including building much more Council housing, driving down homelessness and improving standards in private sector housing.