Privacy settings

Compensation Claims

Housing Compensation Claims

The council will consider a compensation claim when:

  • Residents have been severely inconvenienced by the Council’s actions or inactions
  • Failures in service delivery have caused residents’ loss or major inconvenience
  • Failure of the council to follow Housing Management’s policies has a detrimental effect on residents
  • Appointments are missed due to actions of the Council or their agents/contractors , not the resident
  • Failure by the council to identify the correct issue or carry out repairs in a satisfactory manner, or within agreed timescales, causes the resident inconvenience or loss
  • The council is responsible for the loss of services which it provides to residents’ homes, such as heating and/or hot water
  • There is a loss of amenity (e.g., room) due to damp, leaks, lack of repair or similar

The compensation policy can be found here (pdf, 568kb)and easier format leaflet can be found here (pdf, 248kb).

All requests for compensation should be made in writing to the Customer Services

Manager (Housing) either by post to the Council’s City Offices address, or by email

Winchester City Council logo

Cookies Policy

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer.

Some of these cookies are necessary to make the site work. We’d also like to use optional cookies to help improve your experience on the site. You can manage your optional cookie preferences below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences. Your preferences can be changed at any time.

Review your privacy settings