Urban Design officers provide a variety of multi-disciplinary practices within the urban context. The Urban Design team is available to:
- Provide advice for officers within the Planning Department in relation to enquiries, applications and appeals.
- Assist in pre-application discussions and negotiations.
- Deliver input into and support for major corporate projects and site development, especially within the Central Winchester Regeneration, Station Approach, Barton Farm, North Whiteley, Waterlooville.
- Put forward suitable applications to the Design Review Panel
- Provide representation for Winchester City Council at PUSH meetings to promote and enable the creation of high quality places and buildings within the South Hampshire sub-region and county-wide.
- Deliver client advice to the New Homes Team by providing input into the development of proposals for council delivered Housing schemes.