Privacy settings

Demolition in Conservation Areas

Conservation Area Consent acquired through Planning Permission is required for the full or partial demolition of any building with a total cubic content in excess of 115 cubic meters within a conservation area. This also extends to property boundary walls etc.

If the building or structure is statutory listed, this would also require further Listed Building Consent. Information on this can be found on the Listed Building pages.

Guidance on the consent required can be found via the Planning Portal.

Frequently asked questions


Winchester City Council logo

Cookies Policy

As is common practice with many websites this site uses cookies, which are small files that are downloaded to your computer, used to improve your visit to this website.

It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you want to enjoy this website.

Review your privacy settings