COVID-19 - Benefits & Welfare

The benefits & welfare team can help with claiming:

  • Second Adult Rebate – where you are single, pay Council Tax but share your home with another adult who is on a low income and does not pay rent

  • Housing Benefit – which can help you with your rent payments.

  • Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) – this can provide you with extra help with meeting your housing costs. For example, where there is a shortfall between your Housing Benefit, or Universal Credit housing costs, and your rent liability. You must be claiming Housing Benefit or Universal Credit with housing costs.

To find out about Housing Benefit, and if you will need to claim Universal Credit from The Department for Work & Pensions, please visit

For further information or assistance on Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Second Adult Rebate and Discretionary Housing Payments, or to make a claim for these benefits, please visit or phone 01962 848 539.