Working at Elections - Staff Recruitment
We are recruiting! Apply now
We recruit temporary staff at election time, which is usually on the first Thursday in May, however, at times staff are required for unscheduled elections at short notice.
If you are 18 or over and interested in working for us, please fill in this form. (If you do not have a My Winchester log in, please select 'Guest' to continue to the form). One of the elections team will contact you and add your details to our database to be considered for future vacancies. Please note that being on our database does not guarantee employment at election time.
We recruit for the following roles at election time.
- Presiding Officers (pdf, 117kb)
- Poll Clerks (pdf, 95kb)
- Counting Assistants (pdf, 107kb)
- Postal Vote Opening (pdf, 111kb)
If you are interested, please fill out the form and contact us if you require more information on ElectionsStaffing@winchester.gov.uk or on 01962 848125
Entitlement to work in the UK
If you are appointed to any of these positions, you will have to show you are entitled to work in the UK. You will need to provide one of the following:
- A valid passport, or
- A full birth certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland, plus an official document giving your permanent National Insurance number, or
- A residence permit, registration certificate or document showing you are entitled to live in the UK permanently.
You can find out more about this on the government website: Prove your right to work to an employer - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)