Armed Forces Covenant
A Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between a civilian community and its local Armed Forces Community. It provides an opportunity to consolidate the council’s relationships with the Freedom Regiments and to further a range of other links with the Armed Forces community in Winchester district. The aims of a Community Covenant are to:
- Encourage local communities to support the Armed Forces community in their areas;
- Nurture public understanding and awareness amongst the public of issues affecting the Armed Forces community;
- Recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the Armed Forces Community;
- Encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces Community into local life; and
- Encourage the Armed Forces Community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement.