Privacy settings

Providing proof to support your claim

Providing proof to support your claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction is your responsibility.

The application form will tell you what proof you need to provide. We will contact you if we need any other proof. 

Send your proof now

Proof of Identity

You will need to provide two forms of identity for both you and your partner to claim Housing Benefit.

The following documents are accepted as proof of identity:

  • Driving Licence
  • Current Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • UK Residence permit
  • EEC Identity Card
  • Recent utility bill
  • DWP/HMRC Letter
  • Bank Statement
  • Pension, Life Assurance or Insurance Policy

Winchester City Council logo

Cookies Policy

As is common practice with many websites this site uses cookies, which are small files that are downloaded to your computer, used to improve your visit to this website.

It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you want to enjoy this website.

Review your privacy settings