Winchester City Council works in partnership with East Hampshire District Council to share services for waste collection, grounds maintenance and street care across both areas, saving more than £2 million in the process.
*A technical problem is currently affecting the ‘View my bin collection calendar’ on the website. Alternative access to bin collection information is available via local view maps at: https://maps.winchester.gov.uk/LocalViewWeb/Sites/lvweb/
Apologies for any inconvenience.
- Recycling Collection Thank you for recycling Right! On average our residents recycled 35% of their waste last year. This is really good but we can all be doing a little bit more by becoming more waste aware!
- Refuse Collection (General Waste) On collection day your household refuse bin must be placed out by 7am. Please make sure it is out in time before the crew visits as they will be unable to return to empty it later.
- Garden Waste Collection Residents can dispose of garden waste using the green sack provided by WCC. Place your sack kerbside on the same day as your refuse collection
- Report It Requesting a service or reporting an issue
- What happens to your waste? Where do all the waste, recycling, green waste and textiles go in Winchester District? Find the answers here.
- Household Waste Recycling Centres There are three Household Waste Recycling Centres (dump/tips) in the district where you can take unwanted household items.
- Local Recycling Centres (Bring Sites) The City Council provides and encourages households to use the network of recycling banks sited throughout the district. Find your nearest site using the site locator.
- Textile Bins All textiles, clothing, household linens, underwear, shoes and accessories can be reused or recycled.
- Bulky waste items How to dispose of large and bulky items ie old beds and mattresses etc.
- Clinical Waste Disposal The City Council provides a free Clinical Waste Collection service from domestic premises only within the District.
- Commercial and Business Waste (Trade Waste) There are many authorised waste collection companies available in the area. Most recycle materials as well as disposing of other waste responsibly
- Grounds and Street care The Landscape Group are responsible for grass cutting of public verges and open spaces, sweeping the streets, litter picking, emptying litter bins and clearing illegally dumped (fly tipped) rubbsih on behalf of Winchester City Council
- Fly-Tipping Fly-tipping is when bulky items are left/dumped on public or private property.