All planning applications received by Winchester City Council are entered into the Public Access system.
From 7th April 2014 Winchester City Council will be charging Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) on certain types of development. To find out if your development will be liable to pay CIL please click here.
Find out more about the 1APP system for submitting applications and all the information you need to help make your application.
Planning application fees
Please note that from 2nd September 2013, all cheques for applications submitted in either the delegated or recovered areas of the South Downs National Park Authority must be made payable to SDNPA.
The cheque should accompany your application and be sent directly to your local planning authority if it is in the delegated service area, or direct to the SDNPA if it is in a recovered service area.
Please note that in July 2014 the Government announced a national increase in planning application fees which came into effect on 31 July 2014.
Here is an extracted summary of the new fees for various development types
The full legislation (including fee schedules in Appendices 1 and 2) - The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) Regulations 2014
On Monday 7 April the Department for Communities and Local Government introduced 3 new prior approval application forms and a certificate of lawfulness of proposed works to a listed building.
Prior Approval of proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a State-Funded School* or Registered Nursery
Prior Approval of proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwellinghouse (Use Class C3)
Prior Approval of proposed Change of Use of a building from a Retail Use (Use Class A1 or A2) or a Mixed Retail and Residential Use to a use falling within Use Class C3 (Dwellinghouse)
Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Works to a Listed Building
- Weekly Lists 2015 A weekly list of Winchester Planning Applications is updated here each Thursday
- Weekly Lists 2014 A weekly list of Winchester Planning Applications is updated here each Thursday.
- Weekly Lists 2013 A weekly list of Winchester Planning Applications is updated here each Thursday.
- Weekly Lists 2012 A weekly list of Winchester Planning Applications is updated here each Thursday.
- Planning Application Fees A Guide to the Fees for Planning Applications
- Application for Pre-Application Advice Pre-application advice relates to enquiries regarding the acceptability of development proposals, comment on layout and design and the interpretation of planning policy
- Extensions to Private Houses Information about how to apply to extend a private house.
- Change of Use Information about the change of use of buildings.
- 1APP - The National Standard Planning Application Form The National Standard Planning Application Form has become the only official method of submitting a planning application for most types of planning consent
- 1APP Downloadable Planning Forms Winchester City Council has adopted the 1APP forms, and all applications will be validated against the new national and local requirements
- Winchester 1APP Forms For paper applications, this Council requires the original document plus 3 copies of each document and plan to be submitted (4 sets of documents in total).
- 1APP SDNP Forms For paper applications, this Council requires the original document plus 3 copies of each document and plan to be submitted (4 sets of documents in total).
- 1APP Local List Documents A list of information and documents which may also be useful when submitting an application to this authority.
- Is your Planning Application Green? Climate change is an important issue for the Government requiring immediate action and the planning system should fully support the transition to a low carbon economy and the decisions we make on individual planning applications will form part of this process
- Selection of Schemes for Design Review This guidance provides information on how development proposals are selected for design review. Design review can take place at various levels and is undertaken by an independent panel of experts to ensure high standards of design in the built environment.
- Local Transport Schemes Winchester City Council and Hampshire County Council have approved a Transport District Statement which includes a schedule of schemes to improve local transport infrastructure
- Permitted Development Rights Permitted development rights operate by granting automatic planning permission to proposals that amount to development because it is a physical operation, or a material change of use, or both.
- Sustainable Buildings Guidance for Planning Applications This guidance provides information that will assist applicants, developers, householders and officers in the progression towards higher levels of energy efficiency and carbon reduction in development schemes in the District
- Planning Guidance for Rural Businesses These guidance notes are aimed primarily at rural businesses and land owners who are contemplating applying for planning permission to start a new enterprise or to further develop their existing business.