The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a new mechanism for raising funds for essential infrastructure from development. The levy is an amount that must be paid per square metre of qualifying development.
The City Council is a charging authority and implements the levy for the area of Winchester District outside the South Downs National Park.
Winchester City Council (WCC) adopted its Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) on 8 January 2014 and it was brought into effect on 7 April 2014.
You can find out more information about the levy on these pages.
For any enquires regarding CIL please email email@example.com.
- CIL Administration and Collection This page provides information on how CIL is administered and charged by Winchester City Council and links to the relevant forms to submit to the Council.
- CIL Charging in Winchester Winchester City Council adopted its Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) on the 8th January 2014 and it was brought into effect on the 7th April 2014. This page provides an introduction to CIL and links to pages containing further information.
- CIL Calculator On this page you can use Winchester City Councils' CIL Calculator to estimate the potential CIL charges for a development proposal.
- CIL Spending and Reg 123 List CIL Spending and Reg 123 List – View information on how CIL will be spent and Winchester City Councils Regulation 123 list on this page.
- Background to Winchester's CIL This page provides you with the background documents for the development of Winchesters' Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).