Planning Policy deals with the preparation of the Local Plan. The Local Plan is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development. The statutory documents which comprise the Development Plan include:-
- The saved policies in the Winchester District Local Plan Review 2006;
- The Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy 2013;
- The Denmead Neighbourhood Plan 2015;
- Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan 2013;
- Policies Maps.
The Local Plan Part 2 – Development Management and Allocations Document is being developed and will also form part of the Development Plan when adopted, replacing the saved policies of the 2006 Local Plan. The Council has also adopted a series of Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) which set out non-statutory planning guidance.
We are currently consulting on the Publication (Pre-Submission) Local Plan Part 2. The consultation will run until noon 21 December 2015. All responses must be received at the City Council's offices by this time. You can find further information and links to the on-line consultation form here: Local Plan Part 2 Consultation Information.
Other useful links:-
- Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy Adopted March 2013 & Local Plan Review 2006 The policies from the Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy together with the saved policies in the 2006 Local Plan Review form part of the development plan for the Winchester District.
- Local Plan Part 2 - Development Management & Allocations On this page you will find more information on Local Plan Part 2 - Development Management and Site Allocations which incorporates both detailed development management policies and also allocates (non-strategic) sites.
- Local Plan Review Adopted 2006 and Previous Local Plans The saved policies in the 2006 Local Plan Review together with the policies from the Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy form part of the development plan for the Winchester District.
- Evidence Base The Evidence Base is information collected on key aspects of the social, economic and environmental characteristics of the district.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) The Winchester City Council CIL Charging Schedule was adopted on 8 Jan 2014 and will be brought into effect on the 7 April 2014. Find more information on these pages.
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) These documents supplement the Local Plan policies and provide guidance on local planning matters.
- Village & Neighbourhood Design Statements Design Statements are Supplementary Planning Documents to the Local Plan and provide local design guidance.
- Neighbourhood Plans On this page you can find general information on Neighbourhood Plans and the Denmead Neighbourhood Plan
- Sustainability Appraisals Helping to ensure that the spatial planning process and its policies and proposals make a positive contribution to sustainable development.
- Annual Monitoring Report (AMR) Annual Monitoring Reports (AMR) dating back to 2004/5.
- Statement of Community Involvement The statement sets out our policy for engaging the community on the different types of documents in the Local Development Framework and also major planning applications.
- Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction FAQs on Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction