Christmas Parking in Winchester
Winchester City Council encourages all visitors to the city to use our award winning Park & Ride facilities. Please see the Park and Ride web pages for details.
Should visitors wish to use a more central location to the city and all it has to offer, then we strongly suggest parking in Chesil Multi Storey long stay car park.
This is a 600 space car park located at Barfield Close, SO23 0HU, which is less than a 4 minute walk from the city centre.
Both the Park and Ride and Chesil Multi Storey are your cheapest long or short stay option for visiting Winchester.
For information about free parking available during the Christmas period as well as additional Park and Ride services, please see the Christmas Parking Concessions webpage.
Friarsgate Car Park open, but restricted access
Please note that there are no lifts operational in Frairsgate Car Park.
For health and safety reasons, areas of the car park have been temporarily closed. There are still 158 spaces available for use.
For Disabled users, some additional disabled parking bays have been placed in Cossack Lane car park. Drivers with pushchairs/buggies are advised to find alternative car parking as well.
- Christmas Park and Ride The Christmas Park and Ride timetables can be found here. These more frequent services will run from Monday 18th November 2013 until Sunday 22nd December 2013.
- Christmas Parking Concessions and Additional Park and Ride Services Details of free parking in Winchester during the Christmas period and additional Park and Ride bus service.
- RingGo Park & Ride Phone Parking Payments RingGo Park & Ride (P&R) is a quick and easy mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your P&R parking and bus journey with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- Winchester District Car Parking Strategy – Consultation Phase This survey allows local businesses, members of the public and other interest groups to contribute to the development of the future Winchester District Car Parking Strategy.
- Park Mark® - Safer Parking Awards Nineteen of Winchester City Council's car parks have been awarded Park Mark Safer Parking Awards.
- Park and Ride There are three P&R car parks: South Winchester, and the East Winchester car parks -Barfield and St Catherine's. There are over 1600 parking spaces now available.
- Car Parks There is a range of parking in Winchester including the three Park and Ride sites. There are Pay and Display and Pay on Foot car parks, and now it is possible to pay by phone.
- Residents Parking Parking options for residents in the Winchester area including how to apply for permits and season tickets, and how to renew and cancel them.
- Parking Permits and Season Tickets There are various parking options available to purchase if you are a resident, business or organisation living or situated within Winchester.
- Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) How to pay a PCN, or how to make an appeal if you feel you have grounds for the Council to consider cancelling a penalty charge.
- Pay by Phone Rather than having to put money into a pay and display machine, you can use your mobile phone – which means no more worrying about whether you are carrying the correct change as the cost of parking is simply charged to your credit or debit card.
- On-Street Parking (Bays) As well as the numerous car parks and park and ride sites in Winchester it is also possible to park on-street in certain locations.
- Disabled Parking Where to park in Winchester if you are a disabled driver or passenger and information on the Blue Badge Scheme.
- Other Vehicle Parking Information on parking motorcycles, motorhomes, coaches and lorries in the Winchester district.
- Real Time Car Park Availability Car park availability information provided by Romanse.