A premises licence can be transfered to a new premises licence holder.

To apply to transfer the premises licence you must complete the form below and forward to the licensing authority with the original premises licence and summary enclosed. If you cannot provide the licence and summary, you must provide a statement of the reasons for the failure to provide.

The application must be accompanied by the consent form which should be completed and signed by the current licence holder(s). The transfer comes into immediate effect as soon as the licensing authority receives it, unless stated otherwise.

A copy of the application must be submitted to the Police at:

Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing Officer
Hampshire Constabulary
Bishops Waltham Police Station
Hoe Road
Bishops Waltham
SO32 1DS

The Chief Officer of Police has 14 days from the date in which the Police receive their copy of the application to object the transfer, where they are satisfied the crime prevention licensing objective would be undermined.

The fee of £23 must be included with the application. Please make all cheques payable to Winchester City Council. The application and consent can be found below.