Winchester City Council's Conservation section provide specialist advice on the conservation of the district's historic built environment, including listed buildings, conservation areas and other buildings that are considered of significant local historic interest. The district contains approximately 3 000 listed buildings and 37 conservation areas.
- Conservation Areas Designated by local planning authorities as areas of special architectural or historic interest the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance.
- Winchester Conservation Area Project 2003 The Winchester Conservation Area Project contains a Conservation Area Appraisal, Review and Strategy
- Museums Educational Resources & Visits Winchester Museums offers schools the opportunity to visit or loan objects.
- Listed Buildings Included on a list of buildings which are considered to be of sufficient historic or architectural interest to merit special protection.
- Guidance Notes for Planning Downloadable leaflets on how the planning process works.
- Museums Winchester Museums operates two museums and one gallery within the City Centre, as well as an office where staff may be consulted by appointment.
- Archaeology and the Historic Environment Record Use the Historic Environment Record Enquiry Form to make a HER enquiry.
- Local and Family History Archives You can find out about family history and local history at the Hampshire Record Office, situated along Sussex Street in Winchester, close to the railway station