Winchester City Council deals with all aspects of noise control including the investigation of complaints about noise from domestic, industrial, commercial or agricultural sources. The Environmental Protection team will enforce environmental protection legislation if noise is intrusive or excessive which may lead to fines and confiscation of equipment.
- About Noise Nuisance Information about the noise nuisance laws and how to make a complaint.
- Aircraft Noise The Council strives to minimise inconvenience resulting from airport noise pollution.
- Audible Bird Scarers If you are hearing what sounds like gunshots on a regular basis, then it is probable that bird scarers are the source.
- Barking Dogs Winchester City Council receives many complaints about excessive dog barking that is causing a disturbance
- Buskers or Busking What to do if you find you are being disturbed by buskers.
- Fireworks This web page provides information on the law relating to Fireworks
- Intruder and Car Alarms What to do if you are disturbed by persistent sounding of car alarms.
- Three Maids Motocross This Page provides guidance to local residents regarding the Three Maids Motocross site near Winchester.