Code of Conduct

If you want to complain about the conduct of a Councillor of Winchester City Council or a  Councillor of any of the Districts 43 parish or town councils, you must submit your complaint to the City Council's Monitoring Officer, Lisa Hall. If you have a more general complaint about the work of the Council, please use the Corporate Complaints Procedure.

The Standards Committee can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of individual Councillors. It will not deal with complaints about the Council as a whole or matters that are not covered by the Councillors' Code of Conduct.

If you make a Code of Conduct complaint, it must be about why you think a Councillor has not followed the Code. Examples of this could include:

  • Unlawfully discriminating against someone
  • Failing to declare a personal/prejudicial interest
  • Bullying
  • Failing to treat people with respect
  • Using their position improperly, to their own or someone else's advantage

Further information can be downloaded from the documents on the right hand side of this page.