Consultation of WCC’s ‘Local List’ for Planning Validation
Since 2008 Local Planning Authorities have been required to publish a list of information they require to “validate” the planning applications they receive. This validation list forms two components, the national requirements, including the application form, the fee, certificates etc. and secondly, specific local validation requirements known as the “Local List”. Winchester City Council’s Local List is in need of updating as was last published in April 2014.
There continues to be a significant number of changes to planning legislation and guidance in addition to the Council declaring a Climate Emergency and refreshing the Council Strategy. It is therefore considered timely to review the Winchester City Council’s current validation requirements, and update in accordance with the adopted Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 (2013) and Local Plan Part 2 (2017). CAB2903(LP)
The main changes that are proposed are as follows:
- Amendments to all sections and its format to make the requirements clearer for different types of applications.
- Updating the references to current legislation, guidance and standing advice.
- Updating all website references where necessary.
- Revision requirements to demonstrate compliance with policies Winchester District Local Plan.
For the purposes of the Local List, the definition of Major Development is as set out in the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 (as amended). Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (legislation.gov.uk)
We wish to ensure a flexible and pragmatic approach to the validation of applications and so have considered:
- The particulars or evidence that we require to be included in the different types of applications.
- The type and level of information required is reasonable in respect of the nature and scale of the proposed development.
- The information required will be necessary to address a matter which is reasonable to consider and will be a material consideration in the determination of the application.
The Consultation Process
The proposed Local List is open to public consultation for an eight week period running from 1 July 2022 to 30 August 2022.
You may comment upon the draft list by using the digital survey below. You can visit the City Council Reception if you do not have online access at: City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester SO23 9LJ.
Please click here to find the survey