Cost of Living Grant Scheme
Applications - OPEN - CLOSES 28 FEBRUARY 2023
The new Cost of Living Grant scheme aims to help organisations that are supporting people in the Winchester district who are experiencing difficulties due to the rising cost of living. The scheme is being launched as an immediate response to the cost of living crisis and provides a one-off fund of £60,000 for this purpose.
Grant applications can request between £1,000 and £5,000 in funding. Requests for less than £1,000 should be directed through the small grants scheme
For applications over £5,000 or for any advice on submitting an application, please email Jane Chuhan, Funding and Development Officer email@example.com
Applications can be submitted at any time and will be assessed on a fortnightly basis.
Examples of activities could include:
- Increasing access to information, support and guidance, ensuring that residents are aware of their benefits and financial entitlements and that they receive the necessary support to access these
- Providing information and support to reduce costs for example by managing energy bills and making energy savings
- Increasing social interactions to help reduce anxiety and improve social inclusion in warm spaces
- Overcoming barriers to accessing services such as transport, access to the internet or use of IT equipment
- Helping to access essentials such as food or clothing
Should you need further information with regard to relevant wards, please refer to our ward map