Back to Business advice
We know that businesses across our district are busy putting in place careful plans to welcome back their customers. Reopening your business will involve some new ways of working and also some extra checks.
Here is useful guidance and tools to help you understand what is required in order to reopen and to provide all important reassurance to your staff and customers.
The UK government, in consultation with industry, has developed ‘COVID-19 Secure guidance’ to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible.
- A handy re-opening checklist for businesses, here (pdf, 405kb).
- A template to help you as you look to implement the ‘COVID-19 Secure guidance’, here (docx, 308kb).
- A template risk assessment with example content to help you fill it in, here (docx, 29kb).
- A range of posters you can immediately download and print – you’ll find ones with helpful messages to encourage your customers to social distance, here (pdf, 52kb).
- Useful advice to on choosing the right hand sanitisers and surface disinfectants, here.
- Health and Safety Executive guidelines on how to maintain social distancing and protect workers, here.
You can help reassure your customers, by displaying the COVID-19 Secure poster in your premises.
If you need advice contact us at EHealth@winchester.gov.uk or 01962 848 097.
Legionella – important reminder
As work starts up in buildings that have been closed or had reduced occupancy, water system stagnation may have occurred due to lack of use, increasing the risks of Legionnaires’ disease. The HSE website has detailed guidance on managing legionella risks during the outbreak and how to protect people when the water system is reinstated or returned to use.
We have produced a Legionella checklist here (docx, 306kb).