Additional Restrictions Grant
Following the announcement from Government of additional support for Local Authorities under national and Local COVID Alert Level 3 restrictions on October 31 2020, Winchester City Council has been awarded £2,497,180 to help businesses and organisations impacted by these restrictions under the Additional Restrictions Grant scheme. This is a discretionary fund aimed at those who are not eligible to apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG). Details of the LRSG can be found here.
Winchester City Council recognises the ongoing challenges facing local businesses and organisations across the district that have been affected by the national restrictions introduced because of COVID-19. Therefore the Council is making up to 75% of its allocation available as a discretionary grant fund and has already made available an initial round of grants covering the period 5 November to 2 December 2020.
Following the announcement by Government of further national restrictions a new round will be opened for grant applications. Applicants who were successful in the first round of funding made available in December 2019 are eligible to re-apply for this second round of funding and any future funding rounds.
Winchester City Council will continue to make this funding available to businesses impacted by the national restrictions through future funding rounds until the 75% fund allocation is fully spent. This is a limited fund and payments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please read the full additional restrictions guidance policy which can be downloaded on the right hand side of this web page before completing your application form.
Organisations must fulfil the eligibility criteria which will be outlined in the Additional Restrictions Grant policy which will be made available shortly. This includes organisations which:
- are a rates payer not eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant, or a non-business rates payer
- appear in the organisation type list
- appear in the sector type list
Eligible organisations must also fulfil one of the criteria below:
- Your organisation was instructed by the Government to close to in person services to customers from 6 January 2021 The full list of organisations that the Government required to close can be found here, make your application now.
Applications from these eligible organisations can be made via our online form now.
- Your organisation was not instructed to close and has remained open but it has suffered income losses in excess of 30% during the period 26 December 2020 to 22 January 2021 compared with the trading month of 5 October to 4 November 2020.
Applications from eligible organisations that meet this criteria should be made on-line from Monday 25 January 2021.
Organisations who were not instructed to close by Government but who chose to close for the duration of a period of national restrictions as well as those instructed to close but have not done so are not eligible for a grant.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 5 February 2021.