The Sports and Physical Activity team looks after all of the Winchester District's sporting needs working with sports clubs to encourage residents to be active.
To sign up to the Sports and Physical Activity Alliance e-newsletter complete the fields below.
- Disability Sport Winchester City Council and its partners are committed to ensuring that there are opportunities for people with disabilities to take part in a variety of structured sports sessions.
- What's On - Sports Activities Happening Now Please see below for details about activities and sessions being run in partnership with the Sport & Physical Activity Team
- Cycling and Cycling Routes Winchester is a small city with lots of places of interest within cycling distance.
- Walking Explore winchester District on foot, combining the highlights of city life with scenic walks in some of England's finest countryside.
- River Park Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool Our leisure centre and swimming pool in Gordon Road, Winchester, managed by DC Leisure.
- Discounted Swimming Memberships at River Park Leisure Centre RPLC Press Release - The scheme is funded by the Amateur Swimming Association and allows the Centre to offer discounted 6 and 12 week Swim4Health memberships
- Meadowside Leisure Centre Our leisure centre in Whiteley, Fareham, managed by DC Leisure.
- Sports Development As part of our commitment to developing sport across the district the Sports Development Officer is available to offer advice and information.
- Active Lifestyles Scheme Lydia Lockhart is the Active Lifestyles Officer for the Winchester district encouraging the residents to become more active.
- Winchester Sports Stadium Providing an 8-lane athletics track, all weather turf pitch suitable for hockey and football and a refurbished pavilion at Bar End, Winchester.
- Swanmore College of Technology The college offers a varied menu of community activities including exercise classes and a range of sporting activities.
- Winchester District SPAA The Winchester District Sport and Physical Activity Alliance Advisory Board is made up of key local organisations with an interest in sport and physical activity.