Winchester is a small city with lots of places of interest within cycling distance. It is the start of the National Byway and the South Downs Way. In the near future there will also be links to the National Cycle Network - creating a trail that will take you all the way to Southampton, the Isle of Wight, Alresford, Alton and beyond.
The Visit Winchester website also promotes a fitter way to see and appreciate Winchester and the District.
Find out more about the Hockley Viaduct Cycle Route and National Cycle Network 23
- Bikeabout Scheme The Bikeabout scheme is now a bike hire and bike loan scheme.
- British Cycling 'Breeze' Bike Rides for Women Breeze is the biggest programme ever to get more women into riding bikes for fun. Use the 'Ride Finder' to find a local route in and around Winchester
- Cycling and Cycle Routes in and around Winchester Winchester is a small city with lots of places of interest within cycling distance.
- Winchester CTC Winchester CTC is the local CTC group for the area in and around Winchester (including Chandlers Ford and Bishops Waltham); it offers a range of cycle rides throughout the year; the rides range from short, easy rides suitable for novice cyclists to more challenging rides.
- Winchester District Cycling Strategy This Cycling Strategy will raise the profile of the cyclist and emphasise the substantial benefits that are gained from cycling.