King George V Pavillion
The feasibility and options for a new pavilion on King George V Playing Field was approved at Cabinet (Leisure Centre) meeting on 23 May 2018.
Detailed analysis of a wide range of options for a new leisure centre in Winchester has been completed.
Feasibility work on facility need and analysis.
- Continuum Report: Leisure Centre Provision Options Appraisal and Feasibility Study - May 2013 (pdf, 597kb)
- Sport England's Facilities Planning Model (FPM) National Run, 2016 Profile Report (pdf, 1.5mb)
- Sports Facility Needs Assessment 2017 - 2037 (pdf, 5.2mb)
Feasibility work aspects of the proposal such as ecology, landscape, transport and flooding.
- Savilles Report: Leisure Centre Site Planning Study - July 2013 (pdf, 3.7mb)
- Flood Risk Assessment Nov 2013 (pdf, 2.3mb)
- Ecological Appraisal North Walls Nov 2013 (pdf, 8.1mb)
- Ecological Appraisal: Bar End Nov 2013 (pdf, 8.3mb)
- Cultural Heritage Assessment: North Walls Jan 2014 (pdf, 7.9mb)
- Cultural Heritage Assessment: Bar End Jan 2014 (pdf, 2.4mb)
- Landscape Appraisal Appendices July 2014 (pdf, 4.1mb)
- Landscape Appraisal July 2014 (pdf, 2.1mb)
- Transport Report Appendices July 2014 (pdf, 9mb)
- Transport Report July 2014 (pdf, 7.7mb)
Location options including site plans.
- Options considered during 2013/14 (pdf, 1mb)
- Options Appraisal May 2014 (pdf, 1.1mb)
Outline Facility Brief and Site Options Appraisal (pdf, 15.3mb) September 2014
- Appendix to Outline Facility Brief and Site Options Appraisal - Procurement, Phasing, Cost and Programme
(pdf, 2mb) September 2014