Winchester City Council attaches great importance to the protection and enhancement of the natural and built environments of the District through the planning process.
The Government has made it clear through legislation and guidance that the response to breaches of planning control is a matter for the discretion of the local authority. To justify enforcement action there must be ‘harm’ arising from the development. We have to decide if that is the case and, if so, what we are going to do about it.
- Enforcement Statement and Policy Winchester City Council's approach to planning enforcement, and information on the process, is set out in the statement and policy
- High Hedges High Hedge Information
- Enforcement FAQs Frequently asked questions with answers that should help to explain the process to both the complainant and the person being investigated.
- Making a Planning Enforcement Complaint If you suspect there has been a breach of planning control, please let us know.
- Useful links relating to Planning Enforcement Useful links to external agencies