A new community is becoming established at West of Waterlooville, the development area situated within the south-east extremity of the Winchester District adjoining Waterlooville, which is within the administrative area of Havant Borough Council. The majority of the development area is within Winchester District, but a small part is within Havant Borough. The two authorities are working in partnership as the new community grows.
The outline planning application for the Taylor Wimpey site, to include 4 phases of development, was approved by both local planning authorities in early 2008.
- 450 new homes
- 24 live/work units
- 7.29 hectares of employment land
- provision for retail, food and drink, financial/professional and health
- areas set aside for recreation and open space
- the construction of two new accesses from Hambledon Road
Subsequently 2 further applications have been approved for a nursing/care home, an Extra Care home and a further phase 5 for residential development. In total there will be 553 residential units on the Taylor Wimpey site.
Grainger Trust was granted permission in March 2012 for their outline (13 phases of development) and detailed phase 1 application. The whole site will provide:
- 2550 dwellings
- employment land live/work units
- mixed use land including 2 primary schools, a local centre(comprising retail, community building, land for healthcare, land for elderly care), public house, allotments, land for a cemetery, open space, recreation and play areas
- SuDS, main pumping station, restoration of the River Wallington
- construction of three vehicular access points to the public highway at Maurepas Way, London Road and Milk Lane
- associated infrastructure including a vehicular link to Old Park Farm
Subsequently planning permission has been given for a private rental scheme of 104 units.
|Some of the following documents are in pdf format. You can download and install a free PDF reader to enable you to read and print them. Click here to download Adobe Acrobat (PDF) Reader.|
|Berewood Design Code, March 2013||20.7MB||
56Kbps Modem: 51 Minutes
Broadband : 5 Minutes