The City Council wants to improve and revitalise the area of Winchester between the Cattlemarket and the railway station. We call this area ‘Station Approach’. This project forms part of our vision for how we will develop the town’s economy and make the best use of key sites for sustainable development. The Winchester Town Forum’s ‘Vision for Winchester’ and the Local Plan both recognise the potential for new development in the Station Approach area to play a key role in the future of Winchester.
If you would like further information about the project then please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Station Approach Introduction Work has been undertaken to explore the options for this important gateway near the railway station, which includes the Carfax and Cattlemarket sites.
- Design Competition Between October 2015 and July 2016 a Design Competition was undertaken for the redevelopment of the Station Approach area in Winchester.
- Display of Shortlisted Designs Information about the public display of the shortlisted designs in the Station Approach Design Competition.
- Consultation and details about the Station Approach panel Find out more about the consultation the Council has undertaken and the establishment of the Station Approach panel.
- Station Approach FAQs A number of questions were posed to the Council during the consultation process. This page responds to these queries in order to clarify the Council’s position on Station Approach and remove some of the misconceptions surrounding potential development.
- What has happened so far? The redevelopment of Station Approach was first proposed as part of the Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 in March 2013. See the development of the project so far.
- Relevant Documents Useful and key documents relevant to the Council's initial work in the Station Approach area.
- Planning Policy Planning Policy deals with the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF). The LDF is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development.