The City Council wants to improve and revitalise the area of Winchester between the Cattlemarket and the railway station. We call this area ‘Station Approach’. This project forms part of our vision for how we will develop the town’s economy and make the best use of key sites for sustainable development. The Winchester Town Forum’s ‘Vision for Winchester’ and the Local Plan both recognise the potential for new development in the Station Approach area to play a key role in the future of Winchester.
If you would like further information about the project then please email your enquiry to email@example.com.
- Station Approach Introduction Work has been undertaken to explore the options for this important gateway near the railway station, which includes the Carfax and Cattlemarket sites.
- Public Engagement and consultation Find out more about the consultation the Council has undertaken to date.
- What has happened so far? The redevelopment of Station Approach was first proposed as part of the Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 in March 2013. See the development of the project so far.
- Relevant Documents Useful and key documents relevant to the Council's initial work in the Station Approach area.
- Planning Policy Planning Policy deals with the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF). The LDF is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development.