Guided by our Community Strategy and Portfolio Plans, the City Council has a programme of major projects in place which deliver our key priorities throughout the Winchester District. Here you can find out more about these projects, who is responsible for them and what decisions have been made.
View the speech on our programme's aims given to local businesses at the Guildhall, Winchester, on 3 December 2015 by the Leader of the Council Cllr Stephen Godfrey - Winchester: 21st Century Historic City
- Leisure Centre Project The Council is currently considering options for the future of River Park Leisure Centre.
- Silver Hill / Central Winchester Regeneration Since the end of the 1990s, the Council has been seeking the comprehensive redevelopment of this area. This section contains all of the latest information on Silver Hill.
- Station Approach The City Council wants to improve and revitalise the area of Winchester between the Cattlemarket and the railway station. We call this area ‘Station Approach’.
- St Clements doctors surgery The design for the replacement surgery has received unanimous approval at Planning Committee on 24 March 2016.
- Creative Enterprise Centre Winchester City Council is proposing to transform a former industrial site at Barfield Close into a Creative Enterprise Centre.
- North Whiteley This major development area has been allocated by the Council’s local plan. It provides an opportunity to secure infrastructure and community facilities as part of a new residential neighbourhood.
- North/North East of Hedge End The strategy for South Hampshire which has been produced by the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH) includes a Strategic Development Area (SDA) to the north/north east of Hedge End.
- Welborne (New Community North of Fareham). The strategy for South Hampshire which has been produced by the Partnership for Urban South Hampshire (PUSH) includes a Strategic Development Area (SDA) to the north of Fareham.
- West of Waterlooville A new community at West of Waterlooville, situated within the south-east extremity of the Winchester District adjoining Waterlooville.
- Barton Farm The latest information about the site Barton Farm.
- Bushfield Camp Owned by the Church Commissioners for England, this site is allocated for employment in the Local Plan. A summary of the current situation can be found here. Detailed queries should go direct to firstname.lastname@example.org