Planning enquiries service
The Development Management team are currently working to improve our service for all our customers. We have been trialling new methods and have found success with a new framework for dealing with planning applications and enquiries.
All information about making a planning enquiry can be found at: http://www.winchester.gov.uk/planning/planning-applications/application-pre-application-advice/
There are alternative options for seeking advice, as listed below:
• Planning Portal –for advice about general planning procedure and if you need planning permission.
• Planning Portal – Interactive Guide
• The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order (England) 2015 – all development permitted development rights http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/596/contents/made
See also further amendments 2015 no. 659 and 2016 no. 332 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/all?title=General%20Permitted%20Development%20Order
• Public Access – to find out information on any current or historic planning applications
• High Quality Places and other Supplementary Planning Guidance – for advice about designing extensions and other development
• You can obtain a view on your enquiry by referring it to a planning consultant.
• Our Customer Service team 01962 840222 can help point you in the right direction.
The Planning section gives details on how to make an application as well as lists of current and archived applications.
Contact Planning: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainable Low and Zero Carbon Built Development – implementation of Local Plan Part 1 policy CP11.
The Government has announced (March 2015) updates to its policy on housing standards and zero carbon homes - https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/planning-update-march-2015 These affect the Council’s implementation of Policy CP11 of the adopted Local Plan Part 1. While policy CP11 remains part of the Development Plan and the Council still aspires to achieve its standards for residential development (Code for Sustainable Homes Level 5 for energy and Level 4 for water), Government advice now sets a maximum standard of 110litres/day for water efficiency and the equivalent of Code Level 4 for energy. Therefore, for applications determined after 26 March 2015, Local Plan policy CP11 will be applied in compliance with the maximum standards set out in Government advice.
From 7 April 2014 Winchester City Council will be charging Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) on certain types of development. To find out if your development will be liable to pay CIL please click here.
Local Requirements List
In March 2010 the Department for Communities and Local Government issued 'Guidance on information requirements and validation' encouraging Local Authorities to review their existing local requirements lists. We have now done this and have decided to take the opportunity to reduce the local list requirement and make the format easier to use and follow in line with government guidance. You can find out more about the new Local Requirements List here.
The Development Plan is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development and includes:-
- The saved policies in the Winchester District Local Plan Review adopted 2006
- The Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy adopted 2013
- The Denmead Neighbourhood Plan adopted 2015
Work is now underway on Local Plan Part 2 (the Development Management and Allocations DPD). This will incorporate both detailed development management style policies and will also allocate (non-strategic) sites. For more information please visit the Planning Policies page using the link below.
- Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction FAQs on Houses in Multiple Occupation and the Stanmore Article 4 Direction
- Planning Applications Guidance on making planning applications and the forms required to be submitted.
- Planning Enforcement If you suspect there has been a breach of planning control please contact the Enforcement Team.
- Planning Appeals Appeals can be made for a number of reasons, but most are made because planning permission has been refused.
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Find more information on the levy and its application in the Winchester District on these pages.
- Major Sites & Projects The major development sites in the Winchester District.
- South Downs National Park We are responsible for providing day-to-day planning services on behalf of the South Downs National Park Authority.
- Heritage and Conservation Winchester City Council's Conservation section provide specialist advice on the conservation of the district's historic built environment, including listed buildings, conservation areas and other buildings that are considered of significant local historic interest.
- Landscape & Countryside Details on Landscape Design, Open Space Development and Tree and Hedgerow Management - including Tree Preservation Orders.
- Local Land Charges Local land charges are requested by solicitors and other conveyancing professional as part of land and property sales.
- Open Spaces Determining what recreational provision is required for new dwellings in the Plan area, or, the amount of contribution that will be sought in lieu of that provision.
- Trees Information about dealing with trees in a conservation area and TPOs.
- Public Notices A list of Public Notices that we have published in local newspapers.
- Planning Policy Planning Policy deals the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF). The LDF is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development.
- Supplementary Planning Guidance Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) provide further details, guidance and principles for which development is expected to follow.