The Planning section gives details on how to make an application as well as lists of current and archived applications.
Local Requirements List Consultation
In March 2010 the Department for Communities and Local Government issued 'Guidance on information requirements and validation' encouraging Local Authorities to review their existing local requirements lists. We are now doing this and have decided to take the opportunity to reduce the local list requirement and make the format easier to use and follow in line with government guidance.
You should consider the implications for applications which are being submitted now, or in the near future, as it is unlikely they will be decided before the report has been published and becomes a material consideration in the assessment of the proposed development. The implications of any policy changes resulting from LP1 for current schemes which will need to be considered on a case by case basis, taking account of any relevant policy recommendations made by the Inspector and the implications for the weight to be attached to various policies. If you think that the change in the policy position following the publication of the Report is likely to affect the acceptability of a scheme already being considered you should speak to the case officer.
There are a number of significant policy changes in the LP1 compared to the adopted policies in the Winchester District Local Plan Review 2006, in areas such as affordable housing and sustainability, so you are advised to look at LP1 before making your application.
In most cases where there is a resolution to grant permission before the LP1 Inspector's Report is published, but it has not been possible to issue the decision because of a s106 agreement for example, the Council does not intend to reassess the development against the new policies.
- Planning Applications Guidance on making planning applications and the forms required to be submitted.
- Planning Enforcement If you suspect there has been a breach of planning control please contact the Enforcement Team.
- Planning Appeals Appeals can be made for a number of reasons, but most are made because planning permission has been refused.
- Major Sites & Projects The major development sites in the Winchester District.
- South Downs National Park We are responsible for providing day-to-day planning services on behalf of the South Down's National Park Authority.
- Landscape & Countryside Details on Landscape Design, Open Space Development and Tree and Hedgerow Management - including Tree Preservation Orders.
- Local Land Charges Local land charges are requested by solicitors and other conveyancing professional as part of land and property sales.
- Open Space Development Determining what recreational provision is required for new dwellings in the Plan area, or, the amount of contribution that will be sought in lieu of that provision.
- Trees Information about dealing with trees in a conservation area and TPOs.
- Public Notices A list of Public Notices that we have published in local newspapers.
- Planning Policy Planning Policy deals the preparation of the Local Development Framework (LDF). The LDF is a series of documents which set out the planning policies for Winchester District to guide development.
- Winchester in Bloom For many years Winchester in Bloom has been part of the national initiative to brighten up communities with floral displays, run by volunteers in conjunction with Winchester City Council. Regrettably, due to a decline in entries in rece...