Below are links to documents relating to the preparation of the Winchester District Local Plan Review (WDLPR) and other background documents relating to the WDLPR and the previous Local Plan (1998).
The following documents; Adopted Broadway Friarsgate Planning Brief (2003); Housing Monitoring Report - January 2004; Housing Needs Survey 2002; Sutton Scotney Development Brief; Winchester District Local Plan (Adopted 1998); Winchester Retail Study 2003; and Urban Capacity Study Document either informed the Local Plan Review process or support policies in the Local Plan Review (but cannot be adopted as either supplementary planning guidance or a supplementary planning document).
- Winchester Review Deposit Local Plan 2001 Document available to download
- Responses to representations on First Deposit Local Plan This document should be read alongside the Deposit Local Plan.
- Local Plan - Revised Deposit 2003 This Local Plan contains our initial proposals for guiding the use and development of land and buildings.
- Representations on the Revised Deposit Local Plan 2003 This document should be read alongside the Revised Deposit Local Plan.
- Inquiry Inspectors Report - Sept 2005 The report sets out the Inspectors' conclusions and recommendations on each of the objections made at the two consultation stages of the Local Plan Review.
- Proposed Modifications to the Local Plan Review (2006) Comments on the proposed modifications to the Local Plan were invited between 26 Januaruy and 9 March 2006
- Winchester District Local Plan (Adopted 1998) This version was adopted on 22 April 1998, and was superseded by the Winchester District Local Plan Review on 7 July 2006.
- Housing Monitoring Report (2004) The Report provides an overview of housing land supply, drawing on relevant information and data from a number of sources.
- Housing Needs Survey (2002) A District-wide Housing Needs Assessment and projection of housing need, informing housing, planning and care strategies for the future.
- Winchester Retail Study (2003) This retail study assisted in identifying a plan-led strategy for retail provision for Winchester.
- Urban Capacity Study Document This study examined the capacity of the defined build up areas to meet the housing requirements of the district until the year 2011