Following Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy which is the overarching document of the Local Development Framework, the Council has prepared a second planning policy document. This is the Development Management and Site Allocations now known as Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2). This incorporates both detailed development management policies and also allocates (non-strategic) sites to meet the objectively assessed development needs including retail, housing, employment, community, leisure and transport.
A lot of work has been done with Parish Councils, communities and other organisations to develop the draft Local Plan . Information specific to communities can be found in the 'Background work with parishes on LPP2' box below.
The other boxes below relate to documents linked to the stages of the emerging Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2).
Following the Examination of LPP2, the Council has received the Inspector's report. The report concluded that, with the recommended Main Modifications, the plan is "sound".
It is anticipated that LPP2 will be adopted by the Council on 5 April (Full Council).
|Stage / Event||
Draft Plan Published for Consultation
|24 October 2014|
|Publication' (Pre-submission) Plan||
Submission to Secretary of State for Examination
23 March 2016
|Examination Hearings||May-July 2016|
|Consultation on Proposed Modifications||28 October - 12 December 2016|
|Adoption of LPP2||Expected 5 April 2017|
* = current stage of process.
If you wish to be notified about future stages of Local Plan Part 2, please sign up to the Local Plan E-Newsletter using the following link:- Local Plan E-Newsletter
- LPP2 2017 Inspector's Report The Council has now received the LPP2 Inspector's report which has concluded that the plan is sound.
- LPP2 2016 Examination Information on the LPP2 Examination
- LPP2 2016 Submission The Local Plan Part 2 was submitted on 23 March 2016 for examination, all submission documents can be viewed through this webpage.
- LPP2 2015 Publication (Pre-Submission) Consultation on the LPP2 2015 Publication (Pre-Submission) took place between the 6 November and 21 December 2015. You will find the consultation documents and responses received on this page.
- LPP2 2014 Draft Plan (consultation and responses) Public consultation on the Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2) took place from 24th October for a period of 6 weeks, closing at 12.00 midday on 5th December 2014. The responses to the consultation are now available to view.
- Background work with parishes on LPP2 This page leads to the work which has been undertaken to determine what development is needed and where the best sites are
- Notification of start of LPP2 This page holds further information about the commencement of Local Plan Part 2
- Draft Masterplan for Land West of The Dean, Alresford Policy NA2 of emerging Local Plan Part 2 requires a Masterplan for land West of The Dean Alresford to guide the development of the site. A Draft Masterplan has been published for consultation and can be viewed on this page.