Following Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy which is the overarching document of the Local Development Framework, the Council has prepared a second planning policy document. This is the Development Management and Site Allocations now known as Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2). This incorporates both detailed development management policies and also allocates (non-strategic) sites to meet the objectively assessed development needs including retail, housing, employment, community, leisure and transport.
A lot of work has been done with Parish Councils, communities and other organisations to develop the draft Local Plan . Information specific to communities can be found in the 'Background work with parishes on LPP2' box below.
The other boxes below relate to documents linked to the stages of the emerging Local Plan Part 2 which are as follows:-
|Stage / Event||
|24 October 2014|
|*'Publication' (Pre-submission) Plan*||October-December 2015|
|Submission to Secretary of State||March 2016|
|Examination Hearings||May-July 2016|
|Inspector's Report||October 2016|
* = current stage of process.
Please note that the programme for preparing Local Plan Part 2 has been updated since the publication of the most recent Local Development Scheme; the most up-to-date version is as above.
If you wish to be notified about future stages of Local Plan Part 2, please sign up to the Local Plan E-Newsletter using the following link:- Local Plan E-Newsletter
- Background work with parishes on LPP2 This page leads to the work which has been undertaken to determine what development is needed and where the best sites are
- LPP2 2014 Draft Plan (consultation and responses) Public consultation on the Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2) took place from 24th October for a period of 6 weeks, closing at 12.00 midday on 5th December 2014. The responses to the consultation are now available to view.
- LPP2 2015 Pre-Submission Plan Two Cabinet (Local Plan) Committee meetings will consider the responses to the consultation on the Draft LPP2 and the resulting amended Pre-Submission version of LPP2 in September and October 2015. Links to the committee reports and to the associated background documents can be found on this page.
- Notification of start of LPP2 This page holds further information about the commencement of Local Plan Part 2