Following Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy which is the overarching document of the Local Development Framework, the Council has prepared a second planning policy document. This is the Development Management and Site Allocations now known as Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2). This incorporates both detailed development management policies and also allocates (non-strategic) sites to meet the objectively assessed development needs including retail, housing, employment, community, leisure and transport.
A lot of work has been done with Parish Councils, communities and other organisations to develop the draft Local Plan . Information specific to communities can be found in the 'Background work with parishes on LPP2' box below.
The other boxes below relate to documents linked to the stages of the emerging Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2).
We are currently at the Publication stage of the LPP2. A consultation on the Publication LPP2 starts on the 6 November and ends at noon on 21 December 2015.
The following link will take you to the web page where you can view a copy of the Publication LPP2 and link to the consultation form when available: Publication LPP2 Consultation Page
|Stage / Event||
Draft Plan Published for Consultation
|24 October 2014|
|Submission to Secretary of State||March 2016|
|Examination Hearings||May-July 2016|
|Inspector's Report||October 2016|
* = current stage of process.
If you wish to be notified about future stages of Local Plan Part 2, please sign up to the Local Plan E-Newsletter using the following link:- Local Plan E-Newsletter
- Background work with parishes on LPP2 This page leads to the work which has been undertaken to determine what development is needed and where the best sites are
- LPP2 2014 Draft Plan (consultation and responses) Public consultation on the Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2) took place from 24th October for a period of 6 weeks, closing at 12.00 midday on 5th December 2014. The responses to the consultation are now available to view.
- LPP2 2015 Publication (Pre-Submission) A consultation on the LPP2 2015 Publication (Pre-Submission) starts on the 6 November and ends at noon on 21 December 2015. You will find the consultation documents and comment forms and links to supporting information on this page.
- Notification of start of LPP2 This page holds further information about the commencement of Local Plan Part 2
- Traveller Site Assessment Study On this page you can view the Site Assessment Study