Following Local Plan Part 1 - Joint Core Strategy which is the overarching document of the Local Development Framework, the Council has prepared a second planning policy document. This is the Development Management and Site Allocations now known as Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2). This incorporates both detailed development management policies and also allocates (non-strategic) sites to meet the objectively assessed development needs including retail, housing, employment, community, leisure and transport.
After its successful Examination in Public and the incorporation of modifications, the Winchester District Local Plan Part 2 – Development Management and Site Allocations (LPP2) was adopted by the Council on 5 April 2017.
LPP2 allocates land to help deliver the development strategy for new housing, economic growth and diversification set out in Local Plan Part 1 and will guide future planning decisions in Winchester District (excluding that part of Winchester District with the South Downs National Park).
The statutory Development Plan for Winchester District now comprises;
Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan (2013)
Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 Joint Core Strategy (2013)
Winchester District Local Plan Part 2 – Development Management and Site Allocations (2017)
Denmead Neighbourhood Plan (2015)
LPP2 replaces the saved policies of the Winchester District Local Plan Review (2006) in that part of Winchester District which is outside the South Downs National Park. The saved policies of the Winchester District Local Plan Review (2006) will continue to apply in the South Downs National Park until that planning authority adopts its emerging Local Plan.
The associated maps will be available in due course.
If you wish to be notified about future stages of Local Plan Part 2, please sign up to the Local Plan E-Newsletter using the following link:- Local Plan E-Newsletter
- LPP2 2017 Inspector's Report The Council has now received the LPP2 Inspector's report which has concluded that the plan is sound.
- LPP2 Adoption Following its successful Examination in Public and the incorporation of modifications, the Winchester District Local Plan Part 2 – Development Management and Site Allocations (LPP2) was adopted by the Council on 5 April 2017. LPP2 allocate...
- LPP2 2016 Examination Information on the LPP2 Examination
- LPP2 2016 Submission The Local Plan Part 2 was submitted on 23 March 2016 for examination, all submission documents can be viewed through this webpage.
- LPP2 2015 Publication (Pre-Submission) Consultation on the LPP2 2015 Publication (Pre-Submission) took place between the 6 November and 21 December 2015. You will find the consultation documents and responses received on this page.
- LPP2 2014 Draft Plan (consultation and responses) Public consultation on the Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2) took place from 24th October for a period of 6 weeks, closing at 12.00 midday on 5th December 2014. The responses to the consultation are now available to view.
- Background work with parishes on LPP2 This page leads to the work which has been undertaken to determine what development is needed and where the best sites are
- Notification of start of LPP2 This page holds further information about the commencement of Local Plan Part 2
- Draft Masterplan for Land West of The Dean, Alresford Policy NA2 of emerging Local Plan Part 2 requires a Masterplan for land West of The Dean Alresford to guide the development of the site. A Draft Masterplan has been published for consultation and can be viewed on this page.